Senior Manager, Sales Training and Enablement
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
We are hiring a Senior Manager to lead the Sales Training and Enablement team focused on onboarding and continuing education for Sales and Customer Success teams. This function is responsible for ensuring our Customer facing teams are developing the skills and knowledge needed to be successful in their current role and prepare them for the next position.
As our Sr. Manager of Sales Training and Enablement, you will be responsible for ongoing training, learning and development of the Sales team. We are looking for a strategic and operational leader who will manage a global training team dedicated to improving the performance of our Sales and Customer Success teams. We are seeking candidates who have relevant experience in a fast-paced environment, excellent communication and leadership skills and a strong desire to be a part of a fast growth company, who's disrupting its industry. This role reports into the VP of Sales and is part of PitchBook's Sales and Customer Success organization.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Partner with sales leadership to align learning and development with the sales and customer success organizations.
- Managing a global team of sales and customer success trainers.
- Create and maintain a sales training curriculum covering both sales skills and product training.
- Maintain a robust calendar of training.
- Develop various certification programs within the curriculum.
- Define, develop, and deploy a consistent and sustainable training onboarding model aimed at reducing time and increasing productivity of new sales and CS professionals
- Develop and implement sales skills training in alignment with PitchBook's selling approach and Sales Methodology.
- Provide ongoing coaching of sales and customer success professionals, in particular, sales leadership and sales / customer success training team members.
- Work cross-functionally in continuing to deepen and develop our Sales Enablement program and train for mastery.
- Engage with subject matter experts throughout the company to ensure that the ongoing training is engaging and targeted to the sales and customer success perspective.
- Be responsible for managing the ongoing sales and customer success training sessions.
- Provide expertise and guidance to the development of sales and customer success training material that is geared for adult learning.
- Increase individual and team performance with the goal of aligning training and coaching to improve performance.
- Work on supplemental training initiatives as driven by business or market imperatives.
- Execute on special learning projects as needed.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 7+ years of combined work experience in Sales and/or Customer Success, Sales Enablement and Training & Development.
- Quota carrying experience preferred
- 3+ years experience managing or leading teams
- 2-4 years coaching and/or leading the actual training experience/sales enablement for a SaaS sales organization
- Extensive working knowledge of industry sales and customer engagement strategies.
- Experience with adult learning techniques.
- A demonstrated drive for results and an ownership mentality.
- Strong execution skills for multi-functional and cross-organizational assignments and able to thrive in a constantly changing environment
- Experience engaging with people across a variety of levels with diverse backgrounds.
- A commitment to do the right things right.
- A Bachelor's degree in curriculum development, business, psychology, communications or related field. Master's degree preferred.
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.