Sales Development Manager
Join a dynamic company and help us lead a sales development team to drive continued growth and excitement of our product and bring opportunities to our sales teams. The Sales Development Manager will oversee a sales development team of approximately 10 individuals. Through training, coaching and mentoring this group of front line Sales Development Reps you will be leading the way for some of our greatest future talent!
- Hire, Train, and Manage a team of Sales Development Reps responsible for creating primarily inbound sales opportunities
- Motivate Individuals and Team to exceed objectives through coaching, weekly one on ones, daily metric tracking and creative incentives
- Help create a fun, high energy environment where people love coming to work
- Oversee and monitor the effective use of Salesforce.com and other CRM tools
- Work closely with Sales Operations and SDR Managers to refine process, talk tracks and update training documentation
- Ensure positive and collaborative working relationships with both the Marketing and Sales organizations to maximize SDR impact
- Provide ongoing feedback to website developers and Lead Generation teams to help drive the highest quality responses to the SDR team
- Compile daily and weekly reports for quality assurance
- 2-3 years in sales management for Inside Sales, Business Development, or SDR teams – preferably in SaaS or technology sales call centers
- Proven skill set of identifying great talent and scaling a successful team (successful SDRs typically promote within 12-18 months which makes hiring and training a particularly important aspect of the job)
- Experience being adaptable while working in high growth, fast paced, or start up environments
- Strong working knowledge of inbound and outbound tele-prospecting methodologies in a highly automated environment
- Innovative and humble self-starter with the ability to train, coach and mentor individuals that embodies and demonstrates Optimism, Passion and Fun through high motivational energy
- Experience with Salesforce.com required, Chilipiper, ExecVision/Gong or SalesLoft preferred
- Ability to sit at the executive table and effectively interact with all levels of management across different departments utilizing excellent interpersonal, organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work on-site at our Durham office on the American Tobacco Campus
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
The perks of working at Avalara go beyond amazing physical spaces and a Tiki Bar. We’re committed to continued progress in diversity and inclusion. As an employee at Avalara, you’ll have the opportunity to join resource groups focused on diversity of thought, engage with your local or global community about topics that matter to you and the organization and receive continued education around inclusion and development. As Avalara grows, so do the voices within it. It’s time to hear your voice.
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, age, gender, nation of origin, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law. We thrive on diversity and encourage people from all walks of life to apply to Avalara’s open positions.