Business Development Representative
Interviewing is a universal experience, but it is no one’s job
Interviews are the gateway between people and jobs--they are a critical connection point. And yet, while the interview is a universal experience, it has never been recognized as its own discipline. In fact, the vast majority of people conducting interviews receive no formal training in how to do so.
Karat is the market leader in Interview Engineering
At Karat, our mission is to make every interview predictive, fair, and enjoyable. To do so, we created and established the category of Interview Engineering.
Karat conducts technical interviews on behalf of organizations hiring software engineers. We do this through a community of Interview Engineers who are equipped with Karat's interviewing infrastructure, battle-tested questions, and data-informed best practices. The result is highly predictive and fair interviews at scale that candidates truly enjoy. Karat has amassed the largest, most robust dataset of structured-interview intelligence to produce never-before-seen hiring analytics.
Founded in 2014, Karat is a privately held and venture-funded company based in Seattle. Key clients include Pinterest, PayPal, Citrix, Intuit, and InVision.
Business Development at Karat
The Karat sales model is genuinely consultative with a focus on building trusted, long-term partnerships with software engineering and recruiting leaders. As a Business Development Representative (BDR) at Karat, you will work closely with our Sales Leaders to identify key decision makers in our ideal prospect accounts, initiate interest and engagement with these prospects, and secure new clients.
- Research accounts, identify key players and generate interest through cold discovery calls, and email campaigns
- Engage with prospects via phone, email and social selling tools to provide high-level offering information
- Generate qualified leads and set sales appointments
- Develop and execute territory account plans in coordination with account executives and sales leadership; to achieve and exceed quota responsibility while tracking all efforts in Salesforce.com (SFDC)
- Disseminate qualified new opportunities to appropriate sales representatives, collaborating with reps about the opportunity and determining appropriate action items
- Gain in-depth knowledge about the Technical Recruiting and Interviewing space
- Inspired by our mission at Karat
- Excited to be a part of high growth, high energy organization
- Ready to approach every problem as an entrepreneur with grit, creativity, and persistence
- Curious about exploring opportunities in the market
- Resourceful in using social media and other networks to identify and contact prospects
- Interested in using this role to grow into a Sales Leader or other position within Karat
- Seek to represent the voice of the customer to Karat's leadership
- High energy, enthusiastic and activity driven
Statement of Non-Discrimination:
In keeping with our beliefs and goals, no employee or applicant will face discrimination or harassment based on: race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, age, gender, marital/domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability status, or veteran status. Above and beyond discrimination and harassment based on “protected categories,” we also strive to prevent other subtler forms of inappropriate behavior (i.e., stereotyping) from ever gaining a foothold in our office. Whether blatant or hidden, barriers to success have no place at Karat.
We value a diverse workforce: people of color, womxn, and LGBTQIA+ individuals are strongly encouraged to apply.
With thanks to the Level Playing Field Institute for this statement of non-discrimination.