Business Development Representative
We are currently hiring for an entry-level Business Development Representative (BDR), where you’ll be the first point of contact for the vast majority of entrepreneurs who are interested in funding. This is a highly visible role that makes a direct and significant impact for the business and the startups we interact with.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Orchestrate high-level discussions with C-level entrepreneurs seeking funding and determine whether or not their companies fit the basic Lighter Capital funding criteria.
- Act as a consultant - Taking outside capital is a big step for most startups. Our BDR team is the first point of contact and helps entrepreneurs understand Lighter Capital’s startup financing solutions.
- Connect with prospects through written and verbal communication via phone calls, emails and video chat.
- Strive for daily, weekly, and monthly discovery call goals, while providing an excellent experience for prospective clients.
- Enhance and maintain the data integrity of Lighter Capital’s database in Salesforce.
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Relationship-oriented with an ability to build trust quickly over the phone and through email.
- Have positive, goal-oriented attitudes and mentalities and can be motivated both as an individual and as part of a team
- Work with a strong sense of urgency, which translates into a high level of outbound activity that is quantified by emails sent, calls completed and opportunities created.
- Effective and professional communicator, both verbally and in your written work.
- Flexible enough to understand that priorities can change. We’re a growing startup and sometimes switch direction quickly.
- Team player with an entrepreneurial spirit - we’re looking for someone who is willing to try new ideas.
- Internship or one year of previous professional work experience, ideally in a customer-facing role preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance and marketing related majors are a plus.
We are Lighter Capital, a Seattle based FinTech company with a clear mission to revolutionize startup financing by empowering entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and retain ownership.
We are a passionate group of individuals where our purpose and values guide our decision making. We believe in individual and team development, and align, push and measure ourselves through goal setting. Join our team and feel part of something incredible!
Just like each customer is unique, so is each person, and Lighter Capital is committed to creating an environment where everyone can belong and thrive. We encourage all qualified persons to apply.
Read Full Job Description