Technical Program Manager
About Discovery Digital Media
Discovery Digital Media is a well-funded start-up within Discovery Communications, a high-performing global team working at the dynamic intersection of Technology and Entertainment. As content creators in the digital space, we continuously leverage our technological capabilities to create immersive viewing experiences for iconic brands including Eurosport, GOLFTV, MotorTrend and DPlay.
Eurosport produces authentic, premium and innovative content, on linear and digital platforms. It combines expertise, passion and resources to develop high-value programmes and offer unrivalled coverage to viewers in 99 countries, in 21 languages. Having secured the exclusive European broadcast rights for the Olympics until 2024, there's no better time to join Eurosport on this incredible adventure.
Are you interested in shaping the future of Television, Sport and Olympics? Do you want to define the next generation of Discovery’s D2C platform? We need your passion, innovative ideas, and creativity to help build a world-class Live and VOD streaming platform to super-serve our super-fans.
Discovery and Eurosport D2C would like to offer every TV Series and Sport event to everyone to watch instantly anywhere. Discovery is on a journey to super-serve super-fans globally and instantly to PCs, portable devices, consoles and TVs worldwide. You will be encouraged to see the big picture, be creative and positively impact millions of customers. This is a young and evolving business where creativity and drive can have a lasting impact on the way video is enjoyed worldwide. You need to have a get it done attitude. Would you like to join us to help shape the future of Discovery D2C proposition?
The team builds platform and services that distribute all content catalogue globally across different content types and devices. This team is responsible for building services that not only scale to high volume of requests but also services that scale to distributing large volumes of updates and distribute the content catalogue through various mediums. As TPM, this role is inherently cross-functional; you will work closely with engineering, project management, design, operations, business development, content acquisition, operations, and executive teams to help bringing products to market and enhance our customer experience. You will interact with almost all of Discovery D2C teams on how to best interface various video services and create new customer experiences and offerings.
The successful candidate will be highly analytical, resourceful, customer focused, team oriented and will have an ability to work independently under time constraints to meet deadlines. He or she will have a proven track record in taking on end-to-end ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced and dynamic business environment.
This job will require travelling between our offices in London, Paris, New York and Bellevue.
* Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science required
* Extensive experience as an Engineer, Development Manager or Technical Program Manager
* Strong technical credentials, with experience managing technical initiatives cutting across teams and organizations
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences and a strong track record of delivery of large, cross-functional initiatives
* Ability to conceptualize complex interrelated applications and system platforms, as well as the ability to communicate those systems to non-technical team members and business partners
* Ability to build relationships and influence other teams to meet goals
* Strong bias for action and "get it done" attitude
* Track record of complex and creative problem solving and relationship management as well as the desire to create and build new processes
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States
* Experience of coordinating projects across multiple teams preferred
* Experience with teams supporting mission critical systems preferred
* Experience with streaming video and knowledge of the end-to-end digital media pipeline preferred