Senior Information Architect
This person will be focusing on the planning, design, and implementation of metadata management to achieve strategic business goals at ServiceNow, particularly in how internal and external users interface with Knowledge content, Incidents and Problems. This work includes the creation and governance of data models (conceptual, logical, physical), data flow diagrams, taxonomic models, metadata management designs, and vocabulary standards. This work offers close collaboration with various teams at ServiceNow such as Customer Support, Product Engineering, Marketing, Internals Systems, etc. in identifying requirements, researching and analyzing user needs, building and providing taxonomies to stakeholders.
The person in this role will be expected to have skills in influencing and driving adoption with other teams and stakeholders across the business on the agreed upon data models, structures, standards - to achieve the objective of providing ServiceNow customers a consistent and positive experience in information search, access, and retrieval through various channels.
What you get to do in this role:
- Provide thought leadership for taxonomy development and adoption.
- Coordinate and prioritize IA work by working closely across departments to achieve desired outcomes.
- Plan and design metadata management and data stewardship programs.
- Serve as resource to content management teams in editorial process, metadata implementation, tags and keywords.
- Drive continuous improvements on IA processes, models, data management, and taxonomy.
- Deliver communication plans and training to assist internal users in the socialization and adoption of new tools and metadata structures.
- Identify requirements through engagement with Product Owners and program managers.
- Plan information architecture, create use cases, prepare data models, and design information structure, data flow and navigation for use cases.
- Prepare prototypes and mockups that include page layout and navigational elements.
- Coordinate with ServiceNow Design Team to integrate the prototype concepts, visual design, and navigational structure.
- Analyze term usage and make recommendations for improvement using inputs from semantic platform, various search, knowledge base, and application use reports.
- Contribute and guide content management best practices through editorial process.
- Educate stakeholders on an ongoing basis to champion the ServiceNow taxonomy process, workflows and implementation frameworks.
To be successful in this role, we need someone who has:
- Strong program or project management skills.
- Working knowledge of SmartLogic Semaphore.
- Experience with taxonomy governance process and procedures.
- Ability to communicate the value of information Architecture to both technical and business leaders, and highly technical constituencies.
- Ability to translate business needs into technical requirements and technical information into more consumable terms.
- Successful track record of engaging and influencing senior management on complex initiatives.
- Strong organizational competency and attention to detail.
- Experience working with Enterprise Customer Support Processes and/or ITIL
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams.
- Experience with change management, project socialization and customer communications.
- Experience leading user research workshops with internal stakeholders, users, or customers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including preparation and delivery of presentations, workshop design and facilitation.
- Strong inter-personal, analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to travel as required
- 5+ years of experience with information architecture development frameworks for cross-organizational customers
- 5+ years of experience working in enterprise taxonomy management
- Experience working in Scrum/Agile development environments
- Familiarity with IT service management software (ITSM), PaaS, and SaaS
- Expert competency in metadata standards and best practices
- Experience driving adoption of new programs and processes across regions and teams
- Master's Degree in information management related field or equivalent work experience
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity, or veteran status. If you are an individual with a disability and require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at (408) 501-8550, or [email protected] for assistance.