Project Manager, Publishing
In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
*Please include a cover letter!
As the project manager within PitchBook's publishing team, you'll oversee and coordinate an array of projects from start to finish, working with a number of internal and external stakeholders, including clients, agencies, designers, analysts, copy editors, etc. With multiple projects running concurrently, transparent and clear communication will be critical; you should have a dedication and desire to keep complicated, prolonged projects running smoothly, yet also be flexible enough to adapt as need be. In addition, you should be comfortable wrangling multiple parties involved in production, checking in on their respective deadlines and ensuring progress is being made. Your core responsibility will be to manage project timelines and deliverables and effectively communicate progress to all stakeholders, so you must have strong organizational, time management, communication and problem-solving skills to excel in this role.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Act as the primary point of contact and liaison between the publishing team and internal/external stakeholders
- Effectively coordinate resources, maintaining a high level of transparency in communication
- Work with internal and external stakeholders to establish deliverables, objectives and timelines
- Manage deadlines to ensure accountability and on-time delivery of all projects
- Use project management software (Asana) to effectively track work items and communicate progress to stakeholders
- Work closely with stakeholders to define, document and implement process workflows
- Identify and drive process optimization to improve efficiency of project execution and delivery
- Build and maintain project documentation of processes, workflows, communication standards, etc.
Skills and Qualifications:
- 5+ years of experience managing creative and content-driven projects
- Familiarity with project management software such as Asana
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and collaborate effectively across multiple teams
- Experience juggling multiple projects simultaneously, and coordinating timelines and stakeholders to ensure on-time delivery
- Experience communicating with external stakeholders (clients) to relay vital information in a professional manner
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization
- BA/BS degree in a relevant field
At PitchBook, we provide transparency into the capital markets by organizing the world's meaningful business information and making it useful to our customers. We work tirelessly to arm global professionals with comprehensive data on the entire venture capital, private equity and M&A landscape-including companies, investors, funds, investments, exits and people-so they can discover and execute opportunities with confidence. Our data and analysis are available through our award-winning flagship product, the PitchBook Platform, as well as our powerful suite of integrated tools, industry news and in-depth reports.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.