Project Coordinator, Workplace Experience
Avalara is looking to add a Rockstar Project Coordinator to our growing Workplace Experience team!
- Assist with coordination of logistics for various department meetings/catering requests.
- Assist with the coordination of annual CLUB trip.
- Assist with the planning and execution of CONNECT (Sales Annual Kick Off Meeting).
- Assist Manager of Events and Meetings with Orange Ambassador program, “Bring your Kids to Work Day” (February), employee Tiki events, Orange Day, company celebrations and various other office related employee events/meetings.
- Occasionally work at Front Desk when needed by team.
- Special projects for Workplace Experience team.
- 1-2+ years project management and event planning experience
- Demonstrate an ability to build trust and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to problem solve independently
- Fun, creative, outgoing, and positive
- Ability to work independently and wear many hats in a team environment with a professional and diplomatic demeanor
- Ability to work well with all levels of internal management and employees
- Successfully operate in a very fast paced, high tech environment and interact effectively with all levels of the organization
- Must be able to maintain composure under pressure and manage unforeseen situations
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal
Ability to take initiative and possess a drive for delivering outstanding results
- Strong sense of urgency and efficiency in completing work
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills; dependability
- Ability to work 40 hours a week in the Seattle office
- Seattle based position
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.