Tech Lead Global Product, Core Experience
At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
The Core Experience team strives to build the best, most customer-friendly and innovative app experience in the digital remittance space. We work across the stack to improve and refine our existing experiences, along with delivering new and engaging product features that keep our customers coming back. We keep a strong focus on understanding how customers interact with our product to make planning and prioritization decisions. We aim to deliver new features and code quickly, learning and iterating to regularly provide customer and business value.
As Technical Lead, you’ll manage the engineers on the team with a focus on mentorship and career development, set and drive a technical direction, and contribute directly, writing code day to day to help the team meet its goals. You’ll consider and balance project timelines and personal development of team members. You’ll help the team make sound technical decisions and appropriate tradeoffs between shipping code and technical investments. You’ll partner closely with product managers and designers dedicated to understanding and meeting our customers’ needs. You should be comfortable in a dynamic environment and be confident dealing with uncertainty or ambiguity. Most of all, you should care deeply about continuously improving our customers’ experiences.
- You’ll set and drive the technical direction for the team, making good tradeoffs between shipping code and technical investment.
- You’ll build frameworks and processes to help the team operate autonomously and deliver product features rapidly, with a focus on quality and customer value.
- You’ll work hands on with the code, diving in where and as necessary to help deliver new features or debug live issues.
- You’ll participate in the ideation, technical design, and grooming of new features with a data-driven and customer-centric viewpoint.
- You’ll partner with product and engineering management, influencing the product roadmap by presenting technical options and tradeoffs.
- You’ll create a positive, challenging, and rewarding environment for the team.
- You’ll help define and meet the hiring plan for the team, sourcing and interviewing a diverse set of candidates.
- You’ll manage and mentor engineers, helping them grow and advance their careers.
- A BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience.
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer.
- 1+ years of experience leading teams.
- Experience defining and influencing technical designs and processes across a team.
- Experience working on full-stack products and proficiency with frontend development.
- A proven track record of shipping features and products to customers.
- Strong ability to develop, mentor, and influence other engineers.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
Who we are
Remitly is an independent digital remittance company that transfers over $6 billion in annualized volume through its proprietary global money transfer network across Africa, Asia, Central, and South America. Its reliable and easy-to-use mobile app makes the process of sending money faster, easier, more transparent and less costly by eliminating the forms, codes, agents, extra time and fees typical of the traditional, century-old money transfer process. Remitly is backed by industry-leading investors, World Bank's International Finance Corporation (IFC), Naspers' PayU, Silicon Valley Bank, Stripes Group, DFJ, DN Capital, QED Investors, Trilogy Equity Partners, Bezos Expeditions, Founders' Co-Op, and TomorrowVentures. The company is headquartered in Seattle, with additional offices in London, the Philippines, and Nicaragua. For more information, visit remitly.com.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an eVerify Employer.