Sr Product Manager
EGP Product Management – Sr Manager, Partner Payments
The Sr. Product Manager will play a significant role in the Expedia Global Payments (EGP) partner payments product organization within Expedia Group. Our brands include well-known global online travel brands such as Expedia, Hotels.com, Homeaway, Orbitz, Egencia and Hotwire. EGP is responsible for enabling payment products and services for all Expedia Group brands and partners.
This position will report to the Sr Director of Product and will be responsible for developing a deep understanding of the agency booking and reconciliation landscape within the travel industry, driving Expedia’s Hotel Collect vision, strategy, and roadmap, leading the communications and reporting to key internal stakeholders, and managing a team of Product Managers responsible for enhancing Expedia’s capabilities and experience.
Hotel Collect Product Strategy – Develop a deep understanding of the global agency booking and reconciliation landscape within the travel industry. Collaborate with the Operations leadership and the Partner Payments teams to leverage intelligence and define the holistic Hotel Collect vision in support of product trends and developments. Lead the product strategy and analysis, including driving innovation at all levels.
Hotel Collect Product Management – Will drive innovation within Expedia’s Hotel Collect space, including Collections and Invoicing. Ensure strategic alignment across Hotel Collect roadmaps and enable high quality, timely delivery of product capabilities supporting the business. Mentor and develop team members with a focus on delivering product innovation and operational excellence.
Key Stakeholder Management – Enable high-quality, enterprise-level communications by providing industry and functional expertise to Expedia internal partners and stakeholders. Collaborate, identify and communicate the product roadmap and strategic vision of the partner payments products. Lead executive-level presentations and influence with a strong customer and product-centric mindset.
A successful candidate will have:
- Passion for Results: Maintain high standards for individual, team and organizational accomplishments; tenaciously work to meet or exceed challenging goals; derive satisfaction from goal achievement and continuous improvement.
- Communication and Influence: Clearly and succinctly convey information and ideas to individuals and groups; communicate in a focused and compelling way that captures and holds others’ attention. Create and execute influencing strategies that persuade key stakeholders to take action towards advancing shared interests and business goals. Balance results with relationship.
- Analytical Skills: Secure and compare information from multiple sources to identify core issues; competitive intelligence; commit to an action plan after weighing alternative solutions against decision criteria; proactively and quickly make sense of complex issues; respond effectively to complex and ambiguous situations.
- Business Acumen: Demonstrate a keen understanding of basic business operations and the organizational levers (systems, processes, departments, functions) that drive profitable growth; draw from personal experience to quickly evaluate business plans and processes to identify data or recommendations that need further investigation.
- Decision Making: Use a factual approach to decision-making by systematically collecting valid and reliable data. Rely on the data rather than on emotions.
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in product management, preferably in an e-commerce environment
- Travel industry and/or experience in payments
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.