Product Manager III, Marketing Insights
Our Mission is to Revolutionize Travel Through the Power of Technology.
Ever wondered what happens behind the scenes at Expedia? Every second of every single day, we send two travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes each day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. Our team is at the heart of this energizing environment, constantly adapting to the ever-changing travel and performance-based advertising landscape.
We are looking for a dynamic, organized self-starter to join as a Product Manager to evolve the automation technology used to power performance marketing. In this role, you will drive the prioritization, execution, and cross-team alignment of a roadmap focused on creating market insights to optimize Expedia’s performance marketing with the goal of attracting potential customers around the globe. You’ll be empowered to innovate, build and measure the effectiveness of your ideas. This role is inherently cross-functional – you’ll work closely with counterparts in product management, data science, software engineering and operations to collect ideas and insights for your product backlog. You will own crafting business cases, socializing priorities, and maintaining agile artifacts. To show that investments are meeting their expected returns, you’ll author concise monthly communications for senior executives. Overall, your efforts will ensure our marketing platform is contributing towards growing revenue, reducing cost, improving customer satisfaction, and enhancing the value of Expedia’s brands.
We are looking for people with intellectual curiosity, who love data, and who bring enthusiasm and professionalism to their work. In our team, change is frequent, adaptability is required, results are measurable and a sense of humor is essential!
In this role you get to,
- set the strategy for a marketing insights platform and evangelize that vision within the organization
- conduct business analysis on proposed features, including competitive review, budgeting, forecasting, and planning for measurement and reporting
- evaluate third-party product capabilities and arrange integration where it makes sense
- participate in vendor relationships, including providing input into the vendor's roadmap
- draw on analytical and quantitative skills, using data and metrics to back up assumptions
- solicit and consolidate product feedback to help in the prioritization of analytics and engineering effort
- facilitate trade-off decisions between investment, schedule and customer benefit
- take ownership over risk mitigation and creatively solve problems as they arise
- build collaborative relationships with coworkers in product management, engineering and operations
- gather detailed business opportunities from internal clients and turn them into the epics and stories that set the direction for engineering teams
- promote thinking about the why and what of new features and data
- BA/BS; MBA preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience in product or data management
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Experience in new product development
- Superior project management and organizational skills
- Proven success in delivering technology products in a high growth environment
- Demonstrated experience as someone who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and influence across cross functional teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.