Principal TPM Platform Evangelist
Are you looking for a new challenge? Are you passionate about Travel, Technology, and solving tough problems for the Customer? Does building the foundations of a highly scalable customer care platform linking customers and travelers from different channels like chat, mobile web and voice interfaces to intelligent virtual agents excite you? Do you like to seek a variety business and technology problems? If so, here is an excellent opportunity for you. We are seeking a technology evangelist who can help deliver a game changing omni channel conversational platform to our partners to drive self-service customer journeys supporting multiple Expedia Group (EG) brands, lines of business and external EG partners across the globe.
Our team loves the mission of providing intelligent solutions to our customers. If you are a strong technology leader, with a growth mindset and one who loves challenges, we want to hear from you!
What you’ll do:
- In this role, you'll combine your unique blend of technical knowledge, practical experience and development skills to help EG partners onboard onto the CCP platform, configure their services, create virtual agents using the programming model and apply business policies and rules.
- Provide architectural and design input, with ability to dive deep into technical details as required.
- Deliver business results to delight our customers i.e. focus on customer success.
- Work closely with key partners in executing the product vision for multiple work streams. This includes, internal/external Engineering teams, Product Management and other internal functional teams.
- Ensure the team’s success through translation of Business Requirements into Project Specification.
- Working with technical staff on Project Design/Development, with end-to-end oversight of on time delivery with high quality.
- Working with various internal teams and tech leaders to build roadmaps for each of the phases and enable delivery. Be responsible for the team roadmap and team prioritization activities. Effectively handle trade-offs between cost, schedule and customer benefit; and provide technical direction and guidance.
Who you are:
- You come from a software development or architecture background with a significant track record in creating products, applications or services using cloud computing and related technologies. MS or other related advanced degree preferred.
- 10+ years of experience in software development, 4+ years in a Technical Product Manager or Tech Lead role. Experience with AWS or other Cloud environments.
- Strong leadership, negotiation and execution skills with the ability to get results, deliver and excel. Being big picture focused while skilled at zeroing in on the product and engineering details and delivering continuous improvement.
- Deep understanding of modern architectures, queuing, caching frameworks and no SQL document store. Ability to build a deep knowledge of the entire Conversational Platform Tech Stack and meaningful dependencies.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills to triage issues. Drive innovative designs and technical solutions that provide scalable and reliable solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills as well as the ability to influence multi-functional teams and key decision makers. Engage and partner with teams to drive improvements to performance, scalability and tech health.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.