Director, Product Management
ExpediaDirector, Lodging Product
Expedia’s Lodging Partner Product team is looking for a visionary leader to define and build the next generation of products our lodging partners will use to lead their product offering in the Expedia Group Marketplace. In the world of travel, having the right rooms, rates, and promotions are key to attracting travelers to a property. As Director of Product for the Competitive Rates and Availability work stream, you will lead a strong, passionate team in building out key workflows and tools in Partner Central. Hundreds of thousands of hotels, property managers and other types of lodging providers worldwide rely on Partner Central to operate their business daily – to research traveler demand, set competitive prices, market their property effectively, communicate with guests and analyze their performance in our marketplace. Your team will build products that simplify the process of managing their rates and inventory, while ensuring that their visible to the right travelers across our websites.
In this role, you will need to be an empathetic listener, capable of understanding the opportunities and needs of a very diverse set of lodging providers. You will need to absorb the feedback and goals of internal teams and set and manage partner expectations effectively. You will liaise closely with Business Development, Research, User Experience and Engineering to develop a strategic and compelling vision that addresses business needs and capitalizes on opportunities to differentiate and contribute to both sides of our marketplace. You will serve as an excellent coach who can mentor, grow and bring out the best in your direct reports. You will demonstrate the ability to be a thoughtful, efficient decision maker who can prioritize across a portfolio of roadmaps and backlogs. And your excellent verbal and written communication skills will be essential to explain and evangelize the vision and get the necessary consensus from internal teams to enable best-in-class end-to-end experiences for travelers and partners.
What You'll Do:
- Define the vision and product strategy for your work stream, and evangelize this across the organization.
- Develop a deep empathy for our lodging partners, understand their needs, and come up with innovative, well thought-through solutions that fit in with their natural workflow and increase their engagement with our product.
- Recruit, coach and empower high-impact product managers to demonstrate solid end-to-end thinking and build out the capabilities needed to deliver robust experiences at scale.
- Direct ambitious roadmaps defining the work for multiple teams. Facilitate trade-off decisions balancing resource investment, time to market and partner/traveler benefit.
- Actively identify and resolve issues that may impair teams’ ability to meet strategic, financial and technical goals.
- Draw on analytical and quantitative skills to define the right success metrics and critical metrics to measure effectiveness.
- Be comfortable in balancing across leadership, coaching and getting hands dirty in order to get things done.
- Passion for travel and product is a requirement, but, moreover, be deeply curious, motivated by always trying to take your product “craftsmanship” to the next level and profoundly persistent.
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years’ experience in product management, leading a portfolio of products and/or projects and driving them from inception through delivery.
- Bachelor’s degree in analytics, computer science or engineering discipline. MBA preferred.
- Proven success delivering high quality user experiences in a fast-paced, agile environment. Experience orchestrating end-to-end functionality in an enterprise environment where different teams own different systems is a big plus.
- Ability to apply strategic frameworks to evaluate concepts and to make well-thought through decisions on the problems to invest time and resources against.
- Ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, address trade-offs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with peers and partners.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, and the ability to adapt to your audience – presenting to leadership at different levels will be a regular occurrence.
- An empirical mindset with a natural predilection to think through metrics, define the right metrics and hold teams accountable to tracking against these.
- A high degree of self-awareness and a willingness to actively listen.
- Strong interpersonal and talent management skills, including identifying and developing product management talent. Known for crafting work environments where people can realize their full potential.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.