Senior Manager, Healthcare
West Monroe isn’t a start-up consulting firm, but we act like one.
From day one, our people have the opportunity to make a definitive personal impact for their clients and their careers. What does this mean? It means we seek out the best of the best, and then we challenge them to make us better.
If you are looking to be a “behind the scenes” technologist, this isn’t the place for you. We celebrate driven professionals who thrive in a collaborative environment. Our consultants work on front lines – partnering with clients to deliver game-changing solutions in the most dynamic industries. Sound interesting? Then West Monroe Partners just might be the place for you.
Think you’re up to the challenge?
West Monroe Partners is hiring a Senior Manager with prior consulting project management experience to join our growing Healthcare and Life Sciences practice in our Seattle office, specifically leading our efforts in the Healthcare Payer space. In this role, you will be responsible for delivering business and technology solutions in the healthcare industry to Payer organizations specifically partnering with our clients around customer engagement development, care management transformation, and healthcare analytics. Our team assists payers with uncovering opportunities, developing clear roadmaps, and working toward improved outcomes. We depend on our highly skilled consultants to drive growth – in our clients’ companies and in their own careers.
What will you be doing?
Senior Managers at West Monroe Partners must possess proven and repeatable experience in the three main areas of responsibility:
- Independently manage large, strategic engagements
- Communicate and report project status to C-level executives and Finance management, including budget, risks, issues, etc.
- Mentor and manage teams of consultants to deliver the project on time, on budget as well as QA work done by the team
- Understand underlying relevant technologies to be able to direct the design, development, testing, and implementation of a technical project
- Quickly respond to client requests for immediate issues while also being able to drive projects to completion
- Analyze each client's specific request and determine the underlying problem and recommend proper solutions
- Identify and eliminate roadblocks for the team
- Oversee the overall project, with ultimate responsibility for success or failure of the engagement, specifically focused on ensuring overall client satisfaction and quality of delivery and profitability of the engagement
- Conduct and document interim client satisfaction reviews with client sponsor and project manager
- Identify team strengths and issues; drive and develop better behavior to create more effective consultants
- Participate actively in the recruiting process for other consultants
- Coach and manage other consultants and actively participate in the performance expectation process
- Actively monitor employee development, performance management, and training; address employee engagement issues; engage office/practice leaders and human resources as appropriate
- Meet with solution line leaders to understand and manage the state of practice, projects in flight, client billings and receivables
- Create work plans, pricing estimates, and risk assessments for prospects
- Actively build a professional network and affiliate network in the local community
- Contribute ideas and expertise for go-to-market strategy; help execute business development campaigns
- Present solutions and proposals to clients and prospects
- Understand business needs and requirements and help turn those goals into tangible deliverables including projects and detailed proposals, requirements specifications, design deliverables, status reports, and project plans
- Serve as Account Manager to coordinate client activity, identify cross-sell opportunities, manage follow-up, and ensure consistent WMP experience
What do you need to bring to the table?
- 10 + years of hands-on experience as a project manager leading business and technology strategy projects and full lifecycle software implementation projects
- 6+ years’ experience specifically working in consulting
- 3+ years of experience working with Health plans
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Deep industry experience solutioning a variety of health plan (medical) issues and well versed with current market trends, challenges and issues for healthcare
- Strong background working within the Healthcare Payer industry, specifically with customer relationship strategies, technology modernization, and operations transformation
- Prior team-based project leadership experience in a consulting firm
- Knowledge and experience with complex business systems integration and technology transformation, custom design and development, database design, and data management
- Experience with healthcare-specific systems a plus; particularly on the payer side
- Experience working in a fast-paced, collaborative, and team-based project environment
- Ability to lead and mentor other team members or developers while leading projects
- Excellent leadership, organizational, verbal and written communication skills to communicate technical concepts to non-technical business people
- Ability to travel up to 50%