Smartsheet is looking for an outstanding procurement leader to join the finance team. Reporting to the CFO, this leader will possess strong management/relationship building skills and enjoy building and driving world-class procure-to-pay processes leveraging best in class technology including Smartsheet and Coupa (or other similar system). The procurement leader will manage a highly capable team of three procurement professionals and will interact with many business leaders throughout the organization. He/she will be a visionary and great supporter to the team. The goal of procurement is not only to deliver excellent vendor contracts that provide value to Smartsheet and mitigate risk, but also to ensure the product and services we are using are leveraged and still appropriate before each new engagement or renewal. Additionally, as the first line of the procure-to-pay process, this individual will ensure that the process from business request to procurement and then payment is world-class.
- Provide vision, strategy and direction to the procurement team on how to best manage procurement requests from the business, balancing workload among team members.
- Determine key metrics to track team performance. Develop, direct, and manage overall cost reduction and efficiency targets and report out on a quarterly basis.
- Demonstrate superior professional knowledge and experience of the principles and techniques of negotiation to advise the business, directing and securing the best outcome for the company.
- Partner with other departments and stakeholders to ensure timely execution of procurement requirements and achievement of cost reduction targets and optimal total cost of ownership
- Drive opportunities to implement best practice purchasing policies, processes and procedures to aid and improve business performance and deliver best value.
- Exhibit excellent business acumen and understanding of risk mitigation approaches through contract language usage.
- Champion continuous improvement in all aspects of delivery (supplier performance, business adoption, technology enhancements)
- Bachelor’s degree in business, supply chain, computer science, management information systems, or other related field with minimum fifteen years experience managing a team and driving excellent results.
- Demonstrated ability to analyze information, situations and issues to formulate logical and objective conclusions from fact, situations, data and observations.
- Ability to direct cross-organizational workgroups and to build consensus among a broad spectrum of diverse constituencies at varying organizational levels.
- Qualities: Leader who can provide direction and empower their team, has a bias for action and impact, is a strong communicator across the organization and with vendors, with a track record for inspiring and delivering great results,; lives the Smartsheet values.
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.