Director, Customer Success
Smartsheet is looking for a leader to help build, operate, and scale our Customer Success team. The right candidate is passionate about creating great customer experiences, growing and developing team members, creating a vision and strategy to support their teams and delivering with a high level of success, leveraging cross-departmental collaboration.
As Director, Customer Success, you will oversee our Commercial Customer Success teams that support the West Coast and APAC markets. This person will work to support growth in both offices, determine the needs of the team and our customers to enable the continual rapid growth at Smartsheet. This is a critical role that will have exposure and influence at the executive level internally and externally. The right person will be responsible for uncovering new opportunities and executing on solutions to grow and improve our business. This position is based in Smartsheet's Bellevue, WA office and will report to the Sr. Director of Customer Success & Solution Services.
- Lead our West Coast/APAC Commercial Customer Success organization, creating and executing a cohesive program strategy with tangible goals, consistent performance, and quality metrics
- Understands, contribute and successfully translates mission, vision and values into actionable goals and objectives for the Customer Success organization
- Hire, manage, develop and grow leaders and individuals on the Customer Success team which are empowered to own and grow our business
- Maintain and enhance a strong, collaborative, effective and supportive culture within the team, amongst their peers and senior leadership
- Partner with Marketing, Support, Professional Services, and Sales to drive GTM strategy.
- Experience working with a Commercial book of business to create a consistent customer journey that drives positive customer satisfaction, referrals, and account growth
- Work cross-functionally and cross-culturally to identify company goals, objectives and benchmarks for customer conversions and advocacy
- Develop and implement tailored programs that provide continued value to the team members and company which will ensure strong net retention, customer satisfaction and internal team satisfaction
- Responsible for enabling the coaching, mentoring and training needs of the Customer Success team, ensuring a strong focus on quality customer experience
- Innovate on process and help to define the future of Customer Success within Smartsheet
- Build programs and initiatives to drive continuous improvement and scale
- Analyze data to help identify roadblocks, develop a vision and KPIs/metrics/ROI relative to any Customer Success investment made in our organization.
- Lead the team in annual and quarterly planning, keeping track of budget, and reporting on Customer Success initiatives’ performance, with a focus on ROI, customer impact, and revenue growth
- 8+ years of management experience in Customer Success, Professional Services, or related disciplines for a global B2B tech, SaaS or enterprise software business
- Experience successfully working cross organizationally with senior leaders
- Experience in growing teams in new markets, managing budgets and successfully scaling teams
- Strong leadership, business development, organization, team building and management, communication (verbal, written and presentation), negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical skills with an aptitude for translating quantitative and qualitative data into actionable plans
- Experience establishing and growing relationships with all levels within enterprise organizations; line managers, S-level, and C-suite
- Experience driving both low-touch and high-touch customer engagement activities to success, including management of customer issues and escalations
- Demonstrated ability to design and implement processes
- Passion for technology and innovation
- Proven ability to be a leader, hands on “doer” and visionary
- Experience working and managing remote employees
- Strong desire to deeply understand Smartsheet’s benefits, use cases, and business and technical elements
- Willing to travel based on customer and business needs (~1+ time/year)
- Bachelors (BA/BS) degree required
- Smartsheet experience preferred
In 2005, Smartsheet was founded on the idea that teams and millions of people worldwide deserve a better way to deliver their very best work. Today, the company delivers a leading cloud-based platform for work execution, empowering organizations to plan, capture, track, automate, and report on work at scale, resulting in more efficient processes and better business outcomes. Smartsheet went public on the New York Stock Exchange in April 2018 and currently enables collaboration, better decision making, and accelerated innovation for over 76,000 domain-based customers in 190 countries, including 96 of the Fortune 100.
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.