Business Analyst, Customer Operations
Limeade is a software company that elevates the employee experience and helps build great places to work. The Limeade ONE platform offers employee well-being, engagement, inclusion and communications solutions in one seamless user experience. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Learn more at www.limeade.com.
About the role:
The Business Analyst (BA) will be responsible for setting direction, providing technical support, and analyzing and documenting Limeade’s Customer Operations business software. This includes identifying business requirements, coordinating with implementation of system changes, providing functional system support, and interfacing with Customer Operations, Sales Operations, Customer Success, and Training groups to ensure effective solution adoption. This person will help guide our business efficiency and scalability by improving processes, tools and services. The BA will actively engage with customer and internal stakeholders to solve business problems and improve pre-existing process, software, and technology solutions. The BA is responsible for devising and capturing customer requirements and specifications, formulating ideas for improvement, verifying software is meeting customer and business objectives and establishing metrics for success as it relates to tool and process change and development.
- Provide process, design and analysis support for developing solutions for interfacing business applications.
- Provide project and portfolio management for smaller projects and business enhancements.
- Drive requirements elicitation process for work efforts of all size and complexity.
- Work in an autonomous capacity to influence collaboration, communication and outcomes of various initiatives.
- Validate initial project assumptions and assist or lead translation of project requirements into specifications and Agile initiatives, features and user stories
- Prepare and maintain all project documentation including, but not limited to, iteration cadence, iteration backlogs, issues and risks, including mitigation plans, change management, support plans and stakeholder approvals.
- Collect, aggregate, and analyze data from multiple internal and external sources to drive insights into business performance
- Produce actionable reports that show key performance indicators, identify areas of improvement into current operations, and display root cause analysis of problems
How you’ll stand out:
- Ability to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years' experience in analyst or project management related role
- Understand how the Limeade solution supports corporate strategy, goals and objectives
- Excellent written and presentation skills
- Experience working across multiple teams
- Understand the internal organization in order to best support plan execution by leveraging appropriate resources
- Strategic and analytical thinker
- Experience with Smartsheet, Salesforce, Zendesk, Microsoft Office tools
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.