Sr. Manager, Marketing Controllership
Want to have the ability to interact with a unique set of stakeholders each day? Would you like the ability to directly impact and streamline your workload and processes? Would you like to directly support business partners who are making the marketing and technology decisions that drive our business? Come join the Expedia Controllership team within the greater Brand Expedia Finance team. We provide compliance, advisory, and financial operations services by collaborating with business partners!
On the Controllership team you will be surrounded by people that are exceptionally talented, bright, and driven, and believe that world class stakeholder support is critical to everyone’s success. To support the always evolving and growing groups that we support, you must be highly self-driven, possess a strong passion for accountability, setting high standards, accuracy, and a passion for improving processes. We take working hard and having fun seriously and you should too!
What you’ll do:
- Review marketing accruals, reconciliations, and payments to ensure accuracy and timeliness.
- Continually drive process improvements and technical solutions to improve core marketing business processes.
- Develop and monitor marketing accrual and payment process against SLAs and KPIs.
- Supervise and develop a staff of controllership professionals.
- Ability to formulate initiatives and process improvement solutions, present and sell them to various stakeholders, gather support/feedback, and implement them into the operational environment.
- Drive projects that further leverage existing operational processes within Brand Expedia, and all of Expedia Group.
- Coordinate with peers in internal departments as needed to collect information, complete analyses, escalate issues, drive projects forward and consolidate information and processes.
- Liaise and partner with FP&A teams to resolve issues and work on related continuous process improvement efforts.
- Maintain open and productive cross functional communications with the Marketing, Accounting, and AP groups as well as direct to vendors.
- Monitor compliance with controls and systems, and develop new processes to the constantly changing Marketing organization.
- Develop/update policies and procedures as needed. Perform ad-hoc projects as needed.
Who you are:
- Bachelor's degree required; Accounting/Finance/Business preferred.
- 7 – 12 years of progressive experience in Accounting/Finance.
- Proven ability to effectively manage and lead a team.
- Knowledge of systems development and troubleshooting.
- Understanding of database systems and basic understanding of coding concepts and debugging.
- Demonstrated hands-on knowledge of business process automation using a combination of technologies, including VBA/Macros, SQL, Excel and scripting techniques.
- Experience with tier 1 ERP systems required. Direct experience with Oracle GL/AP/AR, Business Objects, Hyperion, Tableau, etc. useful
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, and excellent proficiency w/Excel.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work with leaders in the business group and Finance
- Demonstrated ability to seek out and implement process improvements (not content w/business as usual)
- A work ethic based on a desire to exceed expectations
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.