Product Marketing Specialist
You: Product Marketing Specialist is will be a key enabler for all facets of our GTM strategy as it pertains to the Apptio portfolio of products, specifically as it pertains to the lower enterprise. This includes product messaging, sales and partner enablement, launch, demand generation programs and post-sale customer adoption. The position requires the ability to simplify complex topics, excellent written and oral communication skills and the ability to influence and drive initiatives across cross-functional teams. The Sr. Product Marketing Specialist will be expected to deliver crisp compelling product messaging, a go-to-market plan and strategy for their product and be the chief evangelist for their business. They must have the ability, confidence, and willingness, to roll up their sleeves and work directly with customers, sales, senior executive leaders, product and various other departments.
What We Want You to Do
- Oversee the marketing of the Apptio product portfolio
- Develop components of the GTM plan and oversee its implementation
- Ensure all marketing and sales tools adheres to messaging and positioning
- Connect with customers to gather feedback on Apptio’s value proposition
- Partner with corporate marketing to create effective marketing campaigns
- Partner with sales teams to create sales tools that help them in all phases of the sales cycle
- Partner with product management to distill key functionality and benefits
- Track and report out GTM business results, key insights and strategy to key stakeholders
- A Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, technology, or relevant fields of study such as computer science
- We are looking for someone who is excited to work in a fast moving, high growth company for an opportunity to drive revenue growth and advance your career.
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and problem solving skills
- Team player with solid communication and presentation skills
- Ability to work independently & proactively in a dynamic and aggressive high growth environment.
- Solid understanding of key business challenges within IT, top IT initiatives, industry forums, groups and buying processes
- Ability to translate conversations with customers, sales and services in compelling, clear and actionable programs
- Experience with financial applications and concepts is a plus
- Excellent written and communication skills and ability to communicate complex concepts by storytelling in a crisp and simple way
**Apptio benefits include Company-Paid employee health, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance, and generous contributions to a health savings account. We also offer participation in a flexible spending account, 401k and other voluntary programs.
Apptio is the leading software to fuel digital transformation. We help technology and finance leaders make smart decisions as they plan, analyze, and optimize technology investments in pursuit of digital transformation. Apptio’s software uses machine learning to translate technology costs and utilization across on-premises systems, vendors, projects, agile and cloud systems into a holistic, business-centric view. With Apptio, IT leaders make smarter digital transformation investments. Companies of all sizes and geographies trust Apptio to fuel their digital transformation, including 50% of the Fortune 100. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.