Manager, Ad Operations Learning and Development
Expedia Group Media Solutions is searching for a Mixed Media Learning & Development Manager for our Global Ad Operations organization of over 100 amazing professionals.
Interested in building a strategy that will deliver learning, growth, and development through creative solutions? Do you love the opportunity to be the first Learning & Development professional for our team? Are you ready to create, drive and execute a fresh and clean L&D strategy for Ad Operations? Do you have a successful record of designing solutions and delivering learning content with high impact?
In this role, you design, develop, deliver, and maintain all learning content. You transform complex problems into digestible learning solutions. You are passionate about process and you work well with varied people from many organizations. You recognize the real problem teams are trying to tackle and then tap into your expertise to deliver impactful and measurable learning.
You meet the challenge of creating innovative learning strategies to address business problems. You are a strategic & creative thinker obsessed by using the latest learning tools & techniques to enable and inspire the teams you work with. You are motivated by both thinking big and unafraid of rolling up your sleeves to bring that big thinking to life.
If this describes you, we would love to talk.
What you will do :
- Build & execute a learning strategy that helps meet our Ad Operations team's strategic & functional business goals.
- Create, source & curate learning content, participating in all parts of the content creation lifecycle. This includes: scoping, researching, planning, pitching, creating, distributing and measuring impact on our business.
- Collaborate to build & maintain our learning library of content & training materials.
- Design learning experiences that are just-in-time and synthesize complex concepts and business strategies into simple, audience friendly content.
- Use mixed media to deliver in a collaborative, fast-paced environment.
- Create & source learning solutions, owning responsibility for the relevant timelines and budgets.
- Lead projects that get results; designs short and long-form content packages using channels appropriate for both the learning objective and audience.
- Deliver top-quality product on-time and under budget; actively identify, mitigate or resolve any risks, issues and dependencies.
- Understand each team within Ad Operations and demonstrates that understanding through content.
- Grow strong relationships with internal partners and vendors in order to best support the work and learner.
- Implement regular training needs analyses and meetings and ensure ongoing training requirements are captured and delivered to support the business.
Who you are :
- In-depth knowledge of learning theory and methodologies including online, in-person, and blended learning solutions.
- A portfolio of work that demonstrates turning complex business problems into compelling learning solutions.
- History of taking highly-technical and/or abstract concepts and making simple materials that a learner understands, retains and applies.
- Examples of untangling conflicting needs to create clear learning objectives and content plans that extract the essential facts.
- Self-guided, creative & responsible; high-energy; have an eye for detail; enthusiastic & positive; passionate about people & travel.
- Previous experience working with content delivery systems is preferred. Examples include: Learning Management Systems, Knowledge Management Platforms, Content Management Systems, etc.
- Two to three years experience in learning, creative, content production and or/production management. Experience working in related fields such as journalism, marketing, communications, etc. may also apply.
- Schedule flexibility for global travel, connecting with colleagues in other time zones, and occasionally supporting urgent business needs out of typical office hours.
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. As the world's travel platform, we're made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.