Our mission is to protect life.
We’re out to make the world a safer place by solving big problems and taking on the public safety challenges of our time. From our company's inception building the TASER device to a full suite of hardware and software solutions, we are focused on providing police agencies with the state-of-the-art devices and services they need to successfully serve and protect us. In the next few years, we're going to eliminate the burden of paperwork in policing, so officers can increase the time they spend building relationships and serving in their communities. We’ll put video at the heart of the police record so our justice system can get to the truth faster. And we won't stop innovating until the bullet is rendered obsolete.
It’s a big mission, but it’s one we’ll pursue relentlessly every single day.
Copywriters are master storytellers. As creative architects, they have ability to distill a complex message into language that is simple, engaging and memorable. They pour over strategy, insights and culture to craft the perfect message and overall concept. They understand the power of an idea and are obsessive over the craft of the execution. If this is you, then we invite you to read on...
Axon is looking for a Copywriter to create content designed to shape and reinforce our brand voice and global mission of protecting life. In this role, you will collaborate with senior leadership and a team of co-creators to develop content at the brand and product level, including online, offline, video scripts, packaging and experiential content including events and VR. We need someone who can speak the modern brand voice that coincides with our core audience as well as the general public. We are looking for someone who geeks out over how new technology can help tell a better story.
Who are we?
Axon is the global leader in developing next generation de-escalation weapons, body cameras and records management software. We are committed to protecting the lives of officers on the field and making our communities safer through non-lethal weapon development. But we don't just want to stop at law enforcement: our motive is to Protect Life in the public sector, and we are constantly exploring how technology can be a part of the solution. At our core, we are a diverse team who love geeking out over science fiction and new tech, and we never stop asking the big what-if questions.
Your Day to Day
- Develop and oversee brand voice for select Axon's proprietary devices.
- Masterfully concept ideas for campaigns and implement into various formats for broadcast, digital, VR and print
- Write the script for the next social media video, broadcast piece or short form documentary series that everyone’s talking about
- Present to senior leadership (including CEO and SVPs) in writing and in person.
- Write voice guides and build master copy docs to influence downstream channels.
- Collaborate with other creatives, and marketers to ensure omni-channel alignment (Online, Direct, Indirect).
- Own copywriting for assigned device specifically taglines, why buys, detail page headlines, digital ads, and retail signage—while adhering to an authentic brand voice.
- Partner with design to concept stories and big ideas for product launches and events.
- Work closely with product marketing, brand creation, and site merchants to develop creative strategy and positioning.
- Collaborate with brand strategists to brainstorm product names.
- Consult with cross-functional teams (online marketing, UX, etc.) and outside agencies to help ensure we articulate a clear and consistent voice in the expression of our brands.
- Proofread all final assets.
- Bachelor’s degree in advertising, journalism or related degree.
- 3-5 years' experience in an agency or in-house setting.
- Experience writing both short- and long-form copy across multiple online and offline marketing vehicles and a dedicated portfolio to show us what you're made of.
- Critical thinker and communicator who works well with cross-functional teams; can present copy best practices and defend messaging choices.
- Demonstrated ability to influence and affect customer perceptions and behavior with compelling stories.
- Can comfortably and confidently present to all levels within the organization in both written and verbal communication.
- Proven ability to adapt writing to various consumer audiences and products
- Strong copyediting and proofreading skills.
- Proven ability to simultaneously manage multiple deliverables and meet aggressive deadlines.
- Desire and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Advertising or marketing background, preferably with experience working with premium and global brands.
- In-house creative experience in a leading role.
- Experience writing for consumer technology.
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive salary and 401K with employer match
- Discretionary paid time off
- Robust parental leave policy
- An award-winning office/working environment
- Ride along with real police officers in real life situations, see them use technology, get inspired
- And more...
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Read Full Job Description