At Remitly, we help immigrant communities around the world send over $6 billion a year to their loved ones. Sending money is faster, easier, and costs less with our all-digital money transfer platform. Our vision is to transform the lives of immigrants and their families by providing the most trusted financial service products on the planet. At Remitly, your work has a direct and positive impact on people around the globe. Your work matters, every day.
We are looking for a bright, driven, and resourceful paralegal to join our team and contribute to the success of a fast-growing financial services company by providing critical support to our global Legal team.
In this role, you will support our growing Seattle and London legal teams.
What you’ll do:
- Contracting – You will assist in all phases of the contract negotiation process, from intake, through negotiation to closing. You will be responsible for negotiating certain types of contracts and will assist in the contracting process for others Following execution, you will monitor contracts for key terms and calendar significant events.
- Corporate Governance -- You will coordinate and prepare materials for the board meetings of the Remitly group of entities, including agendas, resolutions, minutes, consents and other documentation
- Stock Plan Administration -- You will administer and manage our equity incentive program and ensure all equity transactions, such as grants and exercises, are accurately processed, settled and recorded in a timely manner.
- Intellectual Property Administration -- You will work closely with internal and outside counsel to manage and further develop the company’s global patent and trademark portfolio.
- Legal Marketing – You will work closely with our marketing team and legal team to perform a legal review of marketing campaigns. You will work closely with our marketing teams to develop new marketing materials for a service being offered around the world, ensuring that our campaigns are not only effective, but compliant with all applicable laws.
- Litigation Support – You will assist in the collection, preparation, and submission of documents to be used in support of any litigation that Remitly may become involved in.
Who you are:
- 3+ years’ of paralegal, contract management, or other comparable experience (in-house experience preferred)
- Bachelor’s degree
- Paralegal certification a plus
- Common sense and a sense of humor, demonstrated sound judgment, and a great team player
- You have a strong bias for action. You see roadblocks and take the initiative to solve them. You possess the ability to think creatively and strategically, and identify opportunities for improvements. You thrive in a fast-paced, rapidly evolving environment. You don’t like having to do the same thing over and over, so you build better processes that enable you to do more, faster.
- You have a proactive attitude geared towards continuous improvement and learning
- Ability to work independently, but also able to be a strong contributor as a member of a larger team working on complex cross-functional projects.
- You have a meticulous attention to detail with a track record of accuracy. Nothing gets by you.
- You thrive on putting all the pieces together - communicating and working with all internal and external stakeholders involved
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through, and meet aggressive deadlines
- You have excellent analytical and communication skills (written and spoken)
- Exercises sound judgment, integrity and discretion when handling confidential information
- Independent, but also works well in a team setting
- Strong proficiency in Google Apps (Gmail, Calendar, Drive, Docs, Slides), MS Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), DocuSign, Adobe Acrobat, and general comfort with learning new software.
- Experience implementing new systems a plus.
Who we are:
Remitly is a group of passionate people working to make international payments easier and more transparent on both the web and mobile devices. We are seeking team members to join us that want to make a difference and change an industry. We pride ourselves on aiming high and delivering results, data being at the heart of everything we do, and encouraging our team to own business decisions and outcomes. Sound like the place for you? Join us.
Remitly is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Remitly are considered without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, or sexual orientation.
Remitly is an E-Verify Employer