Executive Legal Assistant/Corporate Paralegal
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally changing the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help move the world forward!
We are looking for a talented Executive Legal Assistant/Corporate Paralegal to join our in-house legal team. You’ll work closely with our Legal team and throughout the company on various legal issues, including litigation, privacy, intellectual property, marketing, compliance and contract drafting and negotiations, as needed. We are seeking applicants who can collaborate effectively across groups, and can anticipate and initiate routine legal tasks independently and as requested by attorneys. This role is based in our downtown Seattle office and reports to our General Counsel. This is an opportunity to be part of the foundation of the team and make an impact from day one.
You will be responsible for a broad range of legal issues, including:
- Managing documents and tools and systems to support.
- Ensuring all new contract matters, agreements, filings, and corporate governance documents are entered into the legal department’s matter and document management system.
- Assisting in litigated matters.
- Assisting with licensing and other corporate legal requirements.
- Ensuring contract execution in accordance with applicable policies and procedures.
You must have expertise in the following areas:
- 10+ years of relevant law firm &/or in-house paralegal or legal assistant experience.
- Skillful project manager with the ability to handle multiple, high priority projects in a highly demanding environment.
- You are a self-starter, love teamwork, and thrive in ambiguity.
- Strong written and oral communication; can speak to any audience from C-level, Investors, and employees.
- Superior analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- High level of integrity and discretion in handling confidential/proprietary information.
- Ability to prioritize, work independently and meet deadlines with minimal oversight.
- Superior organizational, analytical, research, writing, and project management skills required.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple challenging objectives at one time.
- You have meticulous attention to detail, like to create organizational systems, and are able to synthesize complex requests with ease.
- Excellent judgment and common sense.
- Proficient in G Suite or Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Powerpoint, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred but not required.
- In-house experience preferred but not required.
Experience in the following preferred Industries:
- Corporate Transactions
- Intellectual Property
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description