Underwriting / Portfolio Intern
Underwriting/Portfolio Management Intern
Lighter Capital’s mission is to revolutionize startup finance by empowering entrepreneurs to grow their businesses and retain ownership.
We are currently hiring for an Underwriting and Portfolio Management Intern, where you’ll be focused on assisting our Chief Credit Officer, Underwriting Manager, and Portfolio Manager with key data analysis and portfolio management initiatives. If you are interested in gaining valuable experience in the FinTech industry and have a passion for startups and entrepreneurs, Lighter Capital is the right internship opportunity for you.
WHAT YOU’LL DO
- Utilize our proprietary financial statement parsing and analytical tools to assist in the underwriting of prospective clients
- Review updated client financial statements for financial covenant compliance status
- Review historical client financial statements to ensure data integrity; assist in troubleshooting data issues and test software application fixes
- Organize and unify Underwriting and Portfolio Management procedures, supporting documents, and training materials
DESIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Business Administration major with a concentration in Finance and/or Accounting
- Understanding of business financial statements and general accounting concepts, ideally including a basic familiarity with SaaS concepts (e.g., customer acquisition cost, lifetime value, client churn)
- Strong analytical and organizational skills; capable of independent problem-solving and pattern-recognition to assist in developing repeatable and scalable work processes
Lighter Capital is a Seattle based FinTech company that has created a new fundraising path for early-stage tech companies.
We are a passionate group of individuals where our mission and values guide our decision making. We believe in individual and team development, and align, push and measure ourselves through goal setting. Join our team and feel part of something incredible!
Just like each customer is unique, so is each person, and Lighter Capital is committed to creating an environment where everyone can belong and thrive. We encourage all qualified persons to apply.
Read Full Job Description