Test Engineer Intern
About Tempered Networks
Our simple and elegant solution that we call Identity Defined Networking (IDN) addresses the fundamental flaw of TCP/IP. With IDN, an IP address no longer serves as a device’s identity—just its location. IDN enables you to instantly create identity-based overlay networks that are inherently secure and incredibly simple to manage.
Test Engineer/SDET Intern
The Internship will allow this person to learn and solve complex technical issues by building out our test infrastructure for replicating Tempered Networks customer environments. These actions will result in better understanding of Server OS installation and configuration, network configuration, VMware administration, Tempered Networks product implementations, Test practices, and system documentation using standard corporate systems.
- Learn to deploy fully Functional test environments based on existing test lab designs for testing builds, and Tempered Networks product functionality
- Actively take and/or share responsibility for evaluation, reporting, and release authorization on software and hardware products that utilize the new lab environments
- Ensure testability of products in conjunction with the development team
- Some experience with installing, configuring, and maintaining Windows OS servers
- Familiar with UNIX/Linux environments and tools
- Familiar with networking as it pertains to device addressing and switch configurations
- Demonstrated ability to produce clear and concise documentation including procedures, record keeping, and simple evaluation reports
- Basic Python3 knowledge. Data types, functions, OOP, modules, assertions, exceptions
- Detailed-oriented thinking
- Good communication skills (for interaction with Dev team when needed)
- Third or Fourth-Year standing preferred
- Test design techniques knowledge
- Experience with Python3 libraries: pytest, requests
- Experience with REST API testing
- Experience with API/SDK creation and support
- Experience with Test Frameworks creating/expanding
Should the internship be required for academic purposes, we can work together to ensure the student will receive credits.
Tempered Networks is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Tempered Networks does not accept 3rd party candidate submissions.