VP, Total Rewards
Accolade at a glance…
Accolade is a personalized health and benefits solution that dramatically improves the experience, outcomes and cost of healthcare for employers, health plans and their members. With a unique blend of compassionate advisors, clinical experts and intelligent technologies, we engage individuals and families in their health, establish trust, and influence their decisions at every stage of care. Accolade connects the widest array of personal health data and programs to present a single point of contact to the most effective health and benefits resources, while coordinating with providers at every step. Accolade consistently achieves 70 and higher Net Promoter Scores, 98% consumer satisfaction ratings, and up to 15% employer cost savings. Accolade has been recognized as one of the nation’s 25 most promising companies by Forbes, a fastest-growing private healthcare company by Inc. 5000, and is consistently rated a Top Workplace across the country. For more information, visit accolade.com.
The VP, Total Rewards, reporting to EVP, People & Culture, is responsible for collaborating with Senior and Executive Leadership to define and drive the strategic direction of Total Rewards at Accolade, as well as to ensure that all programs align to business needs and growth strategies.
A day in the life…
- Provide strategic leadership and operational management for the planning, development, and administration of an innovative benefits strategy that will attract, engage and retain top talent for the organization. This includes design, implementation, communication, compliance, and evaluation of health & welfare, retirement, paid time-off, disability plans, and other voluntary benefits.
- Provide strategic direction and operational management for all Compensation and Rewards programs, including the design, communication, and execution of Accolade’s executive compensation programs.
- Continuously evaluate and evolve our Compensation and Rewards programs to ensure they are externally competitive, internally aligned with our business needs, and ultimately incenting the intended behaviors/outcomes.
- Lead ongoing market analysis, design, and execution of Accolade’s Executive compensation programs.
- Own the preparation of all compensation materials for presentation to the senior leadership team and the Compensation Committee.
- As required, lead M&A activities for the People & Culture team in the areas of benefits, compensation, systems and payroll including due diligence work and integrations.
- Serve as a thought leader and represent Accolade in the market at industry events, conferences, and sales opportunities
- Manage, lead, mentor and grow a team of talented Total Rewards professionals.
What we are looking for…
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 10-12+ years of experience in Human Resources
- 8+ years of experience in benefits, compensation, HRIS or related HR areas
- Experience in broad based compensation and exec compensation functions
- Experience in US Benefits including fully insured, self insured plans, 401K as well as all standard regulatory and reporting matters
- Current, working knowledge of HRIS systems, ideally Workday
- Experience implementing efficient, scalable processes/systems to support rapid growth in a global environment
- Experience in both hyper-growth and both private and publicly-traded organizations
- Conversant in end-to-end data collection, mining, and translation to business objectives
- Track record of successful team leadership and demonstrated influencer across multiple teams
What is important to us
Creating an enduring company that is hyper-focused on our culture and making a meaningful impact in the lives of our employees, members and customers. The secret to our success is:
We find joy and purpose in serving others
Making a difference in our members’ and customers’ lives is what we do. Even when it’s hard, we do the right thing for the right reasons.
We are strong individually and together, we’re powerful
Trusting in our colleagues and embracing their different backgrounds and experiences enable us to solve tough problems in creative ways, having fun along the way.
We roll up our sleeves and get stuff done
Results motivate us. And we aren't afraid of the hard work or tough decisions needed to get us there.
We’re boldly and relentlessly reinventing healthcare
We're curious and act big - not afraid to knock down barriers or take calculated risks to change the world, one person at a time.