Director of Recruitment - Global Direct to Consumer (7 Month Contract)
Discovery is the global leader in real life entertainment, serving passionate fans around the world with content that inspires, informs and entertains. Discovery delivers over 8,000 hours of original programming each year across deeply loved content genres.
Available in 220 countries and territories and 50 languages, Discovery is a platform innovator, reaching viewers on all screens and services, from linear, free-to-air and pay–TV channels to digital products and streaming services, to social and mobile-first content and formats. Discovery’s portfolio of premium brands includes Discovery Channel, HGTV, Food Network, TLC, Investigation Discovery, Travel Channel, Turbo/Velocity, Animal Planet, and Science Channel, as well as OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network in the U.S., Discovery Kids in Latin America, and Eurosport, the leading provider of locally relevant, premium sports and Home of the Olympic Games across Europe.
Read more about us here.
It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate and creative individuals to make and distribute amazing content and that’s where we come in! Discovery’s Talent team recruits the best talent the industry has to offer. We partner with our business leaders to create and deliver a talent strategy that supports the organization’s current and future goals.
The Director, Recruitment for DTC is responsible for the development and execution of the recruitment strategy for Discovery’s Global Direct-to-Consumer digital organization.
Working with the business leaders and partnering with HR, this role will be responsible for creating and executing talent strategies that allow the business to deliver against its aggressive hiring goals.
These organizations are a combination of both new and established brands; they require a proactive approach to understanding where we sit in the competitive landscape and how the organization is positioned to compete as an employer of choice. Successful execution in this role will require data driven insights and a clear and agile strategy that helps consistently position the business as a top choice for high performing talent.
This position will be based in New York City, New York, but candidates in Bellevue, Washington may also be considered.
1. Work closely with HR and senior DTC leadership to develop, implement, calibrate and execute a successful 360 recruitment strategy for Discovery.
2. Create a strategic approach to talent attraction, assessment and selection for the Global Discovery Direct- to-Consumer business as it continues to evolve.
3. Partner with the business to create and execute employer branding initiatives across all verticals, ensuring Discovery is an employer of choice among our target demographics.
4. Lead a team of tech recruiters.
5. Manage the recruitment process from end to end across the functions and generally at all levels.
6. Develop pan-regional initiatives as well as bespoke programs focused on ensuring that the business is equipped with the right people in the right roles
7. Lead all searches for DTC Executive Hires
8. Manage resource allocation & workflow for recruitment team
9. Promote internally and employ in-house recruitment function’s cost saving methodologies.
10. Source directly from the market as well as work with agencies and headhunters to most effectively meet the recruitment needs of the organization.
11. Build and develop strong relationships externally with search partners and agencies.
12. Creation and maintenance of robust metrics on all recruitment activity to effectively demonstrate cost savings generated by in-house recruitment function.
13. Develop, share and implement recruitment related policies and procedures.
14. Meet and partner with HR business partner community on an ongoing basis; sharing initiatives, best practice and learnings.
15. Partner with Intern team to ensure we are an employer of choice for next generation talent, future proofing the organization.
16. Build and develop strong relationships with HR & recruitment colleagues across other functions – sharing best practices, ideas and creating synergies.
Conduct market mapping projects worldwide so that external talent may be aligned with specific succession plans in addition to the internal talent that is traditionally identified. Begin to foster relationships with such talent.
* Significant Tech recruitment experience, preferably both in-house or agency
* Strong network within Product and Technology, as well as interest and ability to always be networking.
* Strong leadership capabilities, proven ability to attract, develop and mentor talent.
* Experience managing a team of recruiters based in multiple locations, preferably international locations as well.
* Commercially astute, with the ability to track and communicate successes in a commercial context.
* Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to work effectively with and influence a wide range of internal clients and partners.
* Ability to plan, prioritize and thrive in a high pressure, ever changing environment.
* Able to demonstrate creative sourcing strategies
* Attention to detail, with experience and proven ability to effectively deliver when faced with multiple priorities competing priorities.
* Diplomatic, with the ability to manage confidential information with absolute discretion.
* Excellent negotiator, with the ability to close difficult candidate and contractual negotiations
* Must have ability to travel (25%)
* International experience (outside US) & knowledge of related employment legislation preferred.
* Language skills relevant to countries where Discovery operates preferred.
* Must have the legal right to work in the United States.