We are actively recruiting a Director/Senior Director Human Resources to join Expedia Group as part of Global Customer Operations. This group is a mix of technology, product and call center agents working together to deliver a seamless customer experience. The successful executive for this position will make a significant impact on a growing business within as well as the overall HR function. This leader will partner closely with executive leaders to establish and execute the people agenda, special initiatives, and pace of the business activities. This role will also be a key architect on our HR transformation journey at Expedia Group.
Specific attention will be given to driving talent development, Organizational design, organizational capability, performance activities as well as strategic people initiatives. We are looking for an HR executive who will play a major role in shaping and implementing strategies in support of both short-term and long-term objectives with the overall goal of attracting, retaining and developing the best talent for the company and division. We are looking for an HR leader who is interested in and has potential for a long-term growth career with Expedia.
This job is based in the Seattle area and reports to the Vice President, Human Resources for e Commerce Platform
- Work closely with the Leadership team to drive the people agenda for the business
- Partner with the leadership team to act as a business advisor, and coach to the leadership team; help drive leadership team effectiveness
- Be the culture steward in the organization in partnership with the business (Annual employee survey, guiding principles, inclusion and championing other culture pivots)
- Be an actively contributing thought leader and member of the HR organization shaping our HR transformation by participating in/leading key HR transformation workstreams
- Drive informed decision-making using data and metrics to identify trends, determine root causes of issues, and develop effective solutions.
- Consult with the business leaders on their talent strategy and succession planning building a pipeline of future EG leaders
- Partner closely with the business on development of workforce plan (early talent, location strategy, operating model)
- Provide coaching and support change management across the organization
- Define, develop, and support programmatic approaches to core rhythm of the business activities (e.g. annual compensation planning, talent reviews etc.)
- Work closely with peers and other members of the regional and/or global HR teams to effectively partner to drive company-wide programs and initiatives including performance management, learning and development, compensation and rewards, workforce planning, organizational and talent reviews, and change management
- Travel is required ~10%
- Ideally 10+ years progressive and dynamic HR experience with a preference for cross-discipline and business partner HR experience
- Prior experience in/ supporting a technology organization preferred
- HR/Organizational Development consulting experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration, Industrial/Organizational Psychology, or related area
- Advanced degree in Human Resources or Business preferred
- Recognized competence in organizational development, coaching, compensation, and other HR disciplines
- Proven success managing HR professionals at various experience levels
- Grow and thrive in fast-paced and rapidly changing environments
- Flexible yet solution oriented and driven during times of ambiguity
- Work both independently and within a larger team to achieve results and impact
- Exceptional business insights and acumen, leadership collaboration, problem analysis, project management, communication, presentation, negotiation, conflict management and problem-solving skills
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.