Benefits Manager - U.S. & Canada
Expedia is seeking a Benefits Manager to report to our Director of Benefits, Americas and will work closely with numerous HR teams and business leaders. This role will include responsibilities for the management and delivery of US and Canada benefits offerings. Scope of role includes resolution of escalated issues, vendor management, communications creation, implementation, design and effective collaboration with the appropriate functional areas within the company and external consultants and administrators. This is a hands-on position that will involve innovation and facilitation of activities supporting domestic and global rewards initiatives.
What you'll do:
- Act as the primary point of contact for escalated concerns, appeals and issues
- Liaise with employees, managers, HR colleagues and vendors to effectively communicate outcomes and mitigate risk
- Support benefits administration processes
- Anticipate legal changes across the U.S. and proactively identify solutions to ensure compliance and employee experience
- Anticipate and effectively manage vendors, escalated invoicing issues, program changes, vendor contract management, and compliance requirements
- Ensure program offerings and delivery efficiently meet the needs of the organization
- Work with internal technical teams to improve processes and eliminate manual work
- Lead ongoing third-party relationships for programs including consultants, brokers, benefit administrators, and carriers
- Manages perk and fringe benefit programs to ensure compliant and effective programs that are well understood and utilized by employees
- Partner with analytics team to provide analysis of key program metrics and benchmarking studies
- Own and constantly improve communication outlets for benefits information
- Work across multiple departments to ensure information is consistent, engaging and available
- Work collaboratively with local and regional Human Resources, Payroll, Legal, Communications, People Technology, Facilities, Finance, Procurement, and other key stakeholders across Expedia Group
- Interpret and advise HR team on benefit changes that impact coverage and business and provide training and guidance to HR as required
- Oversee benefit inquiries including employee, HR, and senior management queries; effectively address escalations and communicate issues and trends to senior management as appropriate
- Identify process improvements to provide a better experience to the employee with fewer errors
- Ensure benefits programs are current with regards to trends, practices, costs, and local competitiveness and make recommendations to improve offerings
- Develop, articulate, and execute project plans for ongoing and new rewards initiatives
- Special projects as required
Who You are:
- Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience and certification
- 4-5+ years benefits design and administration experience
- Good understanding of and relevant experience in benefits and rewards
- Current with new benefit developments and trends
- Ability to effectively lead and balance a high volume of work and variety of tasks, and ability to prioritize urgent issues effectively
- Possess extraordinary project management skills
- Strong vendor management skills; demonstrated experience managing contracts and collaboration with Procurement and Legal departments.
- Experience in automated benefits environment and with implementation and maintenance of benefits administration technology and tools desired
- Demonstrates a strong sense of cultural awareness, and flexibility to work across time zones
- A diplomatic, relationship builder with strong professional presence and demonstrated ability to both collaborate and influence others
- Detailed oriented and proficient in conducting research and gathering source material from project partners, technical experts and team members and to leverage content from multiple sources
- Excellent oral and written communication skills. Effectively communicates on a variety of topics with speed, accuracy, efficiency, a commitment to quality and discretion with confidential information
- Ability to understand and express complex subjects as clear, concise ideas and share them through audience appropriate collateral
- Skilled at balancing being a strong team player with ability to work independently in fast paced environment. Able to work in matrixed team environment, in both individual contributor and team lead roles
- Embodies a positive attitude, innate curiosity, ability to effectively collaborate and to operate autonomously
- Excellent Microsoft application skills (Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint)
Why Join Us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.