The Voluntary Compliance Services Tax Specialist is responsible for supporting multiple multistate voluntary compliance projects for Avalara customers seeking to enhance compliance with state and local taxing authorities. This position reports to the Voluntary Compliance Services Manager.
This position is based in the Seattle, WA office. This is a highly collaborative role requiring in‐office presence.
This is a growing practice area requiring someone with the ability to respond to an increasing demand from our internal customer base.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILTIES & TASKS:
Primary job duties involve participation in the daily operations of this practice area, including supporting the following tax advisory service engagements:
- Tax Exposure Analysis Reports
- Voluntary Disclosure Programs
- Customer Tax Recovery Projects
Voluntary compliance services are generally limited to US sales and use taxes.
Service delivery responsibilities generally involve assisting with various voluntary compliance processes in which the Voluntary Compliance Services team works, on behalf of our customers, with state and local taxing authorities.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
This position requires a Bachelor Degree or greater in Business Administration, Accounting or Finance.
Other job qualifications include:
- 1 - 3+ years of sales and use tax consulting experience;
- Regional or national public accounting experience within a state or local tax practice preferred;
- Demonstrated experience in working with the sales and use tax voluntary compliance process in multiple state and local taxing jurisdictions.
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel and familiarity with data transformation techniques and processes;
- Knowledge of multistate sales and use tax;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Professional demeanor, team player and positive attitude, able to adapt to changing priorities;
- Demonstrated high standards of excellence in work product and professionalism;
- Strong attention to detail.
Avalara helps businesses of all sizes achieve compliance with transaction taxes, including sales and use, VAT, excise, communications, and other tax types. The company delivers comprehensive, automated, cloud-based solutions designed to be fast, accurate, and easy to use. The Avalara Compliance Cloud® platform helps customers manage complicated and burdensome tax compliance obligations imposed by state, local, and other taxing authorities throughout the world.
Avalara offers more than 600 pre-built connectors into leading accounting, ERP, ecommerce and other business applications, making the integration of tax and compliance solutions easy for customers. Each year, the company processes billions of indirect tax transactions for customers and users, files more than a million tax returns, and manages millions of tax exemption certificates and other compliance documents.
Headquartered in Seattle, Avalara has offices across the U.S. and overseas in the U.K., Belgium, Brazil, and India. More information at www.avalara.com
Avalara is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, age, gender, national orientation, disability, sexual orientation, US Veteran status, or any other factor protected by law.