Senior Finance Analyst
Senior Finance Analyst, Global Customer Operations
We are the eCommerce Platform (or eCP for short), an organization of over 3,000 employees – not including our many customer support agents – that runs the technology engine under the hood of the powerful Expedia Group machine. eCP is the foundation for Expedia Group’s daily operations – from IT support to data center management, system access to traveler assistance, payment services to big data. Our teams are front and center in the lives of our employees, providing laptops, office space, network access, and data security, among many other things; and we are working steadily behind the Expedia Groups’ brand websites, converting customer “clicks” into incredible travel experiences. We power Expedia Group’s travel revolution with a world class platform of eCommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale.
Within eCP, the Global Customer Operations (GCO) team manages the customer experience on behalf of several Expedia Group brands across the traveler journey. GCO agents and products interface with the customer through voice and non-voice channels to provide support, service and resolution to their shopping/booking and travel experiences. The Product and Technology teams of GCO build, service, design and iterate on the tools and products utilized by our onshore and offshore agents as well as our customers and affiliates; our Service Delivery team is responsible for the agent training and development, product integration and partner operations across our 30 call centers around the world, and serves as the company’s primary service interface with our external customers. Our Finance team partners with Product/Technology/Service Delivery and Business by providing sound financial information to drive business performance and decision making.
GCO is seeking a data-driven Senior Finance Analyst in Bellevue to join GCO’s Financial Planning and Analysis (FP&A) team. FP&A owns the financial planning cycle, business monitoring and reporting, long term planning, and supporting key strategic initiatives for GCO. The team is responsible for consolidating GCO’s global financial results and effectively communicating the results to internal executive leadership. FP&A is also responsible for partnering with the other eCP finance teams in the identification and management of financial risks/opportunities, creation of financial targets, and the development of analysis to support business decisions.
What you’ll do:
- Support the development and implementation of standardized approaches / automated processes within GCO FP&A. Focus will be on automating the forecasting process and business monitoring / reporting.
- Partner with other members of the FP&A team to develop and implement data driven forecasting models / processes.
- Serve as a key business partner supporting GCO with financial insights, operational support and analysis.
- Develop understanding of business performance drivers and metrics, and bring together multiple data sources and identify interdependencies.
- Create reporting templates, scorecards, dashboards, etc. using source data to provide visualization to the end user
- Support the migration of manual reporting to the new automated solution where relevant.
- Ad hoc modeling, analysis and reporting, as required.
Who you are:
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, or Economics
- 3-5 years of relevant work experience in finance-based roles with focus on data and systems
- Strong quantitative and analytical skills with ability to convert raw data from multiple sources into actionable business insights.
- Analytic, modeling, forecasting and presentation skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to partner across complex organizations.
- Demonstrated proactive approach towards business problems and process improvements.
- Attention to detail and a commitment to data integrity.
- Intermediate to advanced skills in SQL and Excel
- Experience with Hyperion, SAS, Tableau or other data visualization and reporting tools preferred.
Why join us?
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.