Senior Finance Analyst - EPS ES Finance - Commercial Finance
Make an impact! We are looking for a highly motivated Senior Finance Analyst to join Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS) team, the business-to-business (B2B) arm of Expedia Inc. EPS is a high-profile division within Expedia Inc and has been growing aggressively with even more exciting plans ahead. We craft tools and technology to help millions of travellers make their next trip happen. Our technology and supply powers the travel businesses of some of world’s leading online and offline travel agencies, financial institutions, loyalty organizations and airlines. Are you’re looking to join a high performing commercial finance team and craft the future of our business partnership approach? If so, you’ve found your home.
What you’ll do
In this role you will provide excellent financial, commercial and analytical support to this growing and exciting business. You will be a key finance business partner to sales, marketing and operations teams supporting strategic partnerships, participating in business development opportunities, supporting operational improvement initiatives, working with the account management team to improve partner performance and ensure full bottom line accountability. You will need to be a highly engaged individual contributor who is able to work closely with all levels of the cross-functional teams and enable robust business decision-making through high quality data analysis and strong commercial acumen. More specifically, you will:
- Support the Business Development and Account Management teams in evaluating business initiatives and preparing commercial negotiations
- Own weekly and monthly performance reviews with respective account management teams, focusing on trading and driving accountability for expected results
- Support FP&A team with financial planning and forecasting process by ensuring robust inputs from business partners to reflect realistic performance expectations; monitor and evaluate quality of outputs to influence continuous process improvement
- Support the Senior Commercial Finance manager in preparing short, medium and long-term strategy for existing partnerships
- Support Senior Commercial Finance manager in identifying and actioning on partner optimization opportunities within global customer operations area
- Identify and communicate risks and opportunities related to existing and new partnerships; build and maintain financial models to support this process
- Perform ad-hoc analysis as requested by business partners, Senior Commercial Finance Manager and other key stakeholders
Who you are
You’ll fit this role if you have
- Proven success in a business partnering finance role in a fast paced, dynamic environment with experience in supporting commercial negotiations
- Proven ability to analyze data effectively, to solve business problems and provide high quality and actionable business insight
- Excellent communication and influencing skills (both written and oral) with proven ability to interpret and present data in a compelling format to finance and non-finance audiences
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external partners, e.g. sales, finance, marketing, product, operations and external partners
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2+ years of finance experience
- Budgeting, forecasting, financial modelling experience
- Advanced knowledge of Excel with experience of manipulating large data sets
- Hyperion Planning/Essbase and SQL experience desired, but not essential.
- Experienced and enthusiastic working in dynamic, entrepreneurial environments
- Someone who thrives in large, global, fast moving organizations
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
About Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS)
The travel market never stands still. At Expedia Partner Solutions (EPS), we’re smack in the middle of it. We unlock the power of Expedia Group for thousands of travel partners around the world and create the tools & technologies that help millions of travelers find the perfect accommodation, car hire, & flights for their next trip. We offer the chance to work with the brightest minds in the industry in an energetic, collaborative and truly international work environment. We are passionate about innovation, creative problem-solving and –making sure we have fun while we’re doing it!
Why build your career at EPS?
- We're re-inventing travel, one day at a time -- it's an exciting challenge. We're super-motivated and setting the pace.
- We've got the scope and the freedom to make a difference. We don't do ordinary.
- We work with some really smart partners - from loyalty marketing whiz kids to the world's leading airlines and travel agents.
- We're a team of passionate, hard-working travel enthusiasts. We just love what we do.
- We define the questions, not the answers, for an industry that changes every day. Isn't that cool?
- We want everyone on our team to have the resources to succeed in their career
- We get to do all of this in beautifully designed offices around the world
We are excited to move to our new Seattle Campus later this year. The campus features onsite wellness and market hall with amazing food options on 40 acres of waterfront property. Check out the campus and latest news on https://lifeatexpedia.com/seattle-campus
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.