Smartsheet is seeking an experienced Finance Manager to join the Corporate FP&A team to take an active role in corporate-wide financial planning and support the business in making informed decisions. Responsibilities of the role are a combination of business partnering, short & long-term planning consolidations and reporting, as well as optimizing financial systems for enablement and automation. The Finance Manager will be a key partner to our G&A leadership team and organization, and work closely with the greater Accounting team. The ideal candidate will be analytical, consultative, proactive in building and maintaining strong relationships, able to communicate insights and ideas clearly, and thrive in a high-growth environment. This position is based in Smartsheet's Bellevue, WA office and will report to the Director of FP&A.
- Drive and own key corporate FP&A forecasting activities including consolidations, allocations, balance sheet, cash flow, workforce and billings models.
- Lead business partnerships and rhythms with G&A senior leadership on monthly forecasts, budget spending, annual planning and analysis supporting investments and objectives
- Provide analysis and insights into variances between actual and expected financial results
- Build and improve upon standardized reporting of financial statements, internal analytics, and management presentations. Work closely with Accounting and other internal business units to ensure forward planning models continue to align with GAAP financial reporting.
- Manage financial planning system end-to-end and data governance to ensure planning and reporting capabilities for FP&A team and internal business partners are streamlined and scalable. Drive recommendations to improve forecast accuracy and efficiency.
- Partner with functional FP&A leads and internal business partners to prepare and present consolidated monthly and quarterly CFO reviews. Support development of quarterly board of director and investor communications.
- 5+ years of relevant FP&A or accounting experience
- Solid understanding of GAAP and financial statements
- Systems inclined with deep curiosity for leveraging systems to work more efficiently
- Highly detail-oriented and general love for data
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Comfortable developing and presenting business results, models, and financial plans
- Drive, enthusiasm, and ability to make an immediate impact
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- Experience with Host Analytics (or other planning systems), Tableau, Netsuite, or Coupa a plus
Founded in Bellevue, WA in 2005, Smartsheet is a high-growth cloud-based (SaaS) work management platform that empowers collaboration, drives better decision making, and accelerates innovation. Smartsheet is designed to unleash the benefits of greater work agility and collaboration by providing a powerful platform for organizations to plan, track, automate, and report on work. Smartsheet empowers teams to execute with speed and accountability — and make better decisions, faster.
Smartsheet is a place where people love what they do and are empowered to do their best work every day. We support one another and achieve our goals as a team, not as individuals. Each person, at every level, gets to have an impact.
Honest: Be truthful and do what is right
Authentic: Be real and challenge directly
Driven: Operate with urgency and focus on results
Innovative: Develop new ideas and think creatively
Effective: Deliver quality
Supportive: Be kind and help each other succeed
Smartsheet is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Individuals seeking employment at Smartsheet are considered without regard to race, ethnicity, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, ancestry, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, physical or mental disability, registered domestic partner status, caregiver status, marital status, veteran or military status, citizenship status, or any other legally protected category.