Sr Mgr, Security Operations Center
Are you excited by the challenge of detecting and responding to security threats for a global technology company? Enterprise Risk & Security (ERS) is responsible for ensuring Expedia Group (EG) is secure, including the data, applications, technologies, and accounts for our travelers, employees, suppliers, and partners.
- Do you stay up-to-date on the latest methods and techniques for incident response, security monitoring, and threat analysis?
- Do you love encouraging other leaders to build and run teams that achieve great results?
- Are you looking to make an impact and lead a global team at the forefront of protecting Expedia Group’s data and our travelers?
Who you are
You are unafraid of challenges, and relish the opportunity to make transformative change and a positive impact. You lead the team responsible for analyzing, responding to, and mitigating threats to information, data, and technology.
- Your understanding of cyber-security threats, vulnerabilities, controls and remediation strategies in global enterprise environments is broad and deep
- You possess knowledge of technologies, systems and networks as well as typical gaps that could impact the ability of an organization to effectively detect and respond to cyber attacks
- You have knowledge of industry recognized analysis frameworks (Kill Chain, Diamond Model, NIST, MITRE ATT&CK and others
- You have a strong attention to detail and ability to handle sensitive and confidential information and matters
- You embrace a true sense of urgency while remaining calm
- You adjust positively to quickly-changing priorities and shifting goals.
- You have 8+ years of experience in information security incident handling and/or security operations with 5+ years of people management experiences
- You have experience with technologies like SIEM, EDR, Anti-malware, Web Proxy, IDS/IPS, WAF, Machine learning for cyber threat detection
What you will do
You will be a core member of the Attack Analysis & CSIRT leadership team, driving operational security thought leadership throughout Enterprise Risk & Security for Security Operations Center (SOC) capabilities.
- You'll lead security analysts in the monitoring and management of attack-analysis function that improves overall security posture
- You will drive the evolution of processes through CMM and automating detection use cases with Security orchestration & automation toolset
- You will lead our managed service providers that support and enable the SOC, align them with functional processes and expectations
- You will measure, monitor, and conduct performance evaluations of service providers and technologies that support the SOC
- Your team will be responsible for developing and executing the process with Threat Intelligence to effectively consume new detections, alerts, or other intelligence products
- You will partner to build effective processes between your team and CSIRT
- You will be responsible for leading people, hiring and performance reviews with an emphasis on training, motivating, and retaining top employees to ensure a high performance
- You will take time to understand, align and communicate organizational goals, roadmap and strategy to your team
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.