Software Development Engineer I
Are you passionate about data and the technology needed to drive a multi-million-dollar business? Do you love building creative, high-scale Platform products using a diverse set of state-of-the-art technologies?
Expedia Group, the world leader in online travel with a family of global brands, is looking for a Software Engineer to be a part of Brand Expedia’s Data Products and Platform Organization. The Platform Engineering arm of the organization builds and maintains various capabilities for data engineers that help them bootstrap development and deployment of cloud data pipelines. In this role you will be responsible for building tools, libraries and services to enhance developer experience as well as automate cloud infrastructure. You will be part of our journey where there are plenty of opportunities to innovate thorough learning, collaboration, and contribution to the broader Expedia Group transformation.
What you will do:
- You will design, develop, debug, and modify components of software applications and tools.
- You will drive technical implementation software development at the application/product level for small to mid-sized projects.
- Design, develop specifications, and schedule a component or feature of 1-4 weeks of duration.
- You will propose improvements in software design and processes, and will also translate requirements into code, complete programming, and perform testing and debugging while ensuring adherence to defined software engineering processes.
- You will provide improvements to software solutions for a given problem, and resolve problems and roadblocks as they occur. Follow through on details and drives issues to closure.
- You will support development of documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance.
- You will actively participate in group technology reviews to critique work of self and others.
- You will contribute to requirement definition process.
- You will assist with judgment calls with peer and manager input/assistance.
Who you are:
- Degree in science (Computer Science / Information Technology, Computer Science, Computer Engineering)
- 2+ years experience in Software Development
- Experience in technical analysis and object oriented programming
- Excellent command of Python and related ML libraries (pandas, scikit-learn, etc.).
- Proficiency in the following languages Java
- Experience working with SQL & MySQL or MPP
- OS: Unix, Linux
- Distributed Systems
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where extraordinary people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.