Software Dev Engineer II (Java, full stack)
Egencia is Expedia Group’s business travel company. In the same spirit, we are pioneers in the industry. Always solutions oriented, we value human contact. Egencia's teams collaborate globally to provide business travelers with the best possible user experience every single day.
Are you looking to work in a team that not only focuses on next gen full stack applications and APIs but also data analytics, prediction and Business Intelligence?
The client analytics and reporting team at Egencia is looking for an engineer to focus on front and backend development for our global corporate travel website. You should have a real passion for deploying excellent features to be used by business travelers worldwide. We have a long history of support and respect for well-designed solutions. With our expansion into the mobile web and our growth internationally, we consider it more important than ever. Engineers at Egencia are core members of our feature teams responsible for building the next generation of interfaces for corporate travel shopping.
- Build next-generation travel web applications and APIs with a focus on scalable and reliable services, responsive user interfaces, and personalization
- Develop innovative reporting and analytics features on our platform for travel managers and users worldwide
- Knowledge of version control / source code management tools like GIT/Mercurial
- Adept at maintaining cross-browser compatibility and debugging
- Collaborate with Product and Engineers on decisions
- Prototype experimental features
- Work closely with product leads, designers, information architects, and back-end engineers
- Enthusiastically look for ways to make our customers' experiences better
- Advocate for best practices, excellent usability, and uncommon quality
- Help other developers take advantage of new technologies
- Participate in and lead code reviews
- Help design and build reusable frameworks and libraries to simplify development
- Strong command of web standards, progressive enhancement, and cross-browser compatibility
- Experience building consumer-facing sites
- Shown design and UX sensibilities
- Strong logic programming ability
- Knowledge of server-side scripting language (Ruby, Python, etc.)
- Prior experience with data engineering and analytics on cloud platforms is a plus
- Understanding of client-side performance and how to improve it
- Ability to write clean, systematic code and follow established coding conventions
- Experience at other dynamic Internet companies, especially Travel companies, is a huge plus
- Experience with a version control system
- Strong attention to detail
- Previous experience on large codebases
- Bachelor, or Masters, of Science Degree in Computer Science or related field
Why join us
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.