Software Dev Engineer I
At Expedia we are revolutionizing travel through the power of technology. Every second of every day, we send two travelers on a trip. We sell enough tickets to fill nearly six hundred 737 airplanes every day, and our mobile apps have been downloaded more than 10 million times across 180 countries. We work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with the ever-changing travel landscape. The opportunities to inspire travel for the global customer are endless.
In Expedia, eCP organization was built to enable the business to scale globally while supporting the needs of our rapidly growing family of brands. We power Expedia Group's travel revolution with a premier platform of ecommerce technologies and services operating at a global scale. We bring product, technology and operations together to accelerate innovation and enable test and learn, constantly pushing ourselves to evolve and innovate for the business.
Within eCP organization, Financial Systems Engineering (FSE) group enables Expedia Group and subsidiaries to conduct business globally while meeting statutory and financial regulatory compliance. FSP delivers, collaborates and globally supports more than 21,000 businesses users of the enterprise financial platform.
What you’ll do:
- You will play a key role in the analysis, design and development in Oracle Applications primarily focusing on solutions in Order to Cash/ Procure to Pay processes
- You will play a major role in the analysis, design and development of Oracle cloud applications and services within AWS platform, for supporting our EBS space with a primary focus on solutions for financial events.
- You will be responsible for developing and successfully delivering components. Additionally, you will also improve, support and follow Expedia SDLC.
- You will have to collaborate with business, developers and testers to produce efficient and scalable solutions.
- Focus on improving development and architecture standards by adopting industry standard methodologies.
- Demonstrate experience to work through/around blocking events and deploy complex yet elegant and efficient solutions.
Who you are:
- Possess 3+ years of experience in enterprise software development with 2+ years' experience in building services and applications in AWS cloud platform.
- Major Experience in Oracle Applications including exposure on tools like PL/SQL, Data Loader, Forms, Reports, Workflow, SOA Web services, WebADI
- You will demonstrate experience in developing RESTful Web Services in cloud and on-premise platforms. Knowledge of building scalable web systems with microservice architecture is highly desired.
- Strong working knowledge of ERP technologies and Financials concepts, specifically highly complex global solutions
- Strong Java programmer, preferably in developing web services using frameworks such as Spring, Spring Boot etc. with strong experience in RDBMS, SQL tuning and high-volume data processing.
- Developer with hands on experience with native AWS services such as EC2, S3, RDS, CloudWatch, API Gateway.
- Familiar with high volume transactional systems, microservice design, continuous delivery, automated deployments, and related engineering practices.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.