Senior Software Engineer, Autonomous Vehicles Simulation, [email protected]
Unity’s Bellevue studio is expanding the team responsible for building support for autonomous vehicles simulation and visualization, part of our Automotive Industrial initiative. This work will include implementing essential Unity features and tools to meet specific industry needs. You will be working in a multi-functional team of talented individuals and will be communicating with developers in other teams around the world, inside and outside the company.
You’re a skilled, hands-on developer with knowledge of technologies used in the automotive or robotic industries. You have used and interacted with complex systems. You’re passionate and resourceful, and intuitively work to turn complex requirements into simple, elegant solutions. And did we mention that you love real-time graphics? This team is creating the tools to push the next step for industry growth and adoption in Unity, and we hope you're as excited about it as we are!
- Drive the development of new tools, api’s and implementation of protocols related to self-driving cars
- Analyze and resolve technical and application problems
- Collect and document user's requirements, develop user stories, estimate and work project execution plans
- Collaborate with the team lead and other software developers to plan, design, develop, test, and maintain solutions based on the Unity editor and services
- Participate in peer-reviews of solution designs and related code
- Design, develop, and test in accordance with established standards
- Create and maintain tests to ensure quality
- Mentor and help build a strong engineering organization
- Proficiency developing with C# and C++
- History of creating clean and efficient code used by other developers through components, services or APIs
- Ability to discuss and understand code design fluently and in depth
- Proven problem solving with experience investigating ambiguous problems in a software development environment
- Experience working on multiple complex projects simultaneously and independently as required
- Experience with the Unity platform
- Experience with real-time multi-threaded software development
- Knowledge of CAD systems
- Knowledge of geographic information systems (GIS)
- Experience with robotics or autonomous systems
- Knowledge of machine learning, deep learning, Computer Vision
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.