Senior Software Development Engineer
Expedia revolutionizes travel through the power of technology. Across the globe, our brands make travel easier for millions of people who want to step out of their homes and into the world. We’re a talented and focused team from all over the world – with 20,000 + employees, in over 30 countries. Together we seek new ideas, innovative ways of thinking, diverse backgrounds and approaches, because averages can lie and sameness is dangerous.
As a senior software development engineer in People Technology, you will partner with product and TPM teams, design, analyze, plan, build and deploy software products that deliver an amazing employee experience and drive innovation and scale our business operations. With your experience, technical skillset, and passion for coaching and motivating others, you will create the components and experiences that enable our vision of a delightful employee experience across Expedia.
WHO YOU (CANDIDATE) ARE:
- Good Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure, security design, AWS Developer tools - Lamba, API Gateway, Fargate, SQS, Kinesis, CloudFormation, S3, etc.
- Good Experience working with Dockers and Containers.
- Deep understanding of software design principles, algorithms, data structures, and multithreading concepts.
- Collaborate with co-developers, Program Managers, Testers and Production Support Engineers in an agile development environment.
- Experience in UI development using React, Terraform, Workday SAAS ERP, Scripting knowledge of perl/bash/shell/Ruby is a plus.
- Mentoring Junior SDEs and help drive engineering maturity.
- Experience in agile software development methodologies.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for solving complex software engineering puzzles in a dynamic environment
- Experience in understanding of trade-offs of architectural patterns and comfortable with recommending approaches and associated technology choice.
- (7-9)+ years software development experience in enterprise software
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
WHAT YOU WILL DO/ROLE & RESPONSIBILITY:
- Improve the enterprise systems by integrating existing solutions and building new technologies.
- Own the design, analysis, development and deployment efforts of scalable, flexible, efficient, supportable and secured solutions using appropriate technologies to tackle complex HR business problems.
- Ensure the team is following coding standards and engineering excellence practices.
- Build and Promote development of maintainable and thoroughly tested code.
- Support and follow the Expedia Software Development Lifecycle.
- Helper Mentor Junior SDEs and work towards engineering maturity.
- Communicate clearly to product managers, partners and engineers to remove ambiguity from projects.
- Collaborate with architects and fellow engineers in designing and building intelligent solutions that incorporate data insights as well as your technical expertise in furthering the product delivering business value.
WHY JOIN US:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.