Senior Salesforce Software Development Engineer
Senior Salesforce Software Development Engineer
The Expedia Salesforce team is looking for high functioning, accomplished Senior Salesforce Software Development Engineer to join our team. This is a robust, hands-on programming role responsible for Salesforce bug fixes on current functionality as well as the opportunity to develop new solutions in and around Salesforce in this highly visible role within a growing and motivated team. Consider a career with Expedia, where you can continue to learn, grow, and be recognized for your efforts. If you are a self-starter, able to lead multiple tasks and projects at a time, love being responsible for the work you're doing, prioritize quickly and effectively, and thrive in a dynamic environment – be an Expedian. Do you have a can-do attitude with an eagerness to play an integral part of a highly successful team?
What you’ll do:
- You will support a diverse partner group in all phases of Salesforce development: planning/grooming, delivery
- Designing, developing and debugging, you will be modifying components of existing SFDC applications and supporting technologies
- You will translate business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs, while tackling problems and driving resolution of bugs/issues
- Partaking in daily stand-ups to provide updates, you will maintain visibility within the group and across business partners
- You will take part in architecture and design discussions to promote consistency to Salesforce development methodologies
- Providing guidance to more junior team members, you will also be championing scalable solutions
- You will join in peer code reviews to drive consistent quality across the platform, and you will supply technical insight to daily support issues
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years previous development experience with Salesforce.com or another CRM tool and the capability of dealing with Salesforce Governor Limits
- Experienced in Visualforce, APEX, SOQL, SOSL
- You are proficient in technical analysis and object oriented programming
- Detailed in knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture
- You are competent using SFDC-related tools (Eclipse IDE, Apex Data Loader, Workbench)
- Skilled in communicating with all levels within the organization
- Experienced in Python, and AWS skills, which is a plus
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating a versatile work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.