Security Risk Architect
Security Risk Architect
Are you a high performing security engineer looking for your next challenge in detecting and mitigating emerging security threats? If you answered yes, Enterprise Risk and Security (ERS) team is looking for you to join our team. The ERS team is accountable for managing security threats for all of our brands and this position is critical in accomplishing that.
Who you are:
You will maintain an appropriate balance between risk and control, collaborate with Product Managers, Data Scientists, and Expedia Group Brands to detect, analyze, and remediate security threats. This position requires deep knowledge of security threats, security detection methods, tools and industry best practices
What you’ll do:
- You will work with the Analytics, Product, and Operations teams to analyze large amounts of data, identify trends and key variances, provide detailed reporting and data-based assessments, and take action to mitigate the threats.
- Maintain and develop best practices and policies to monitor and manage our strategies to detect and mitigate security threats within the Enterprise.
- Provide input into long term strategic development of security threat detection strategies
- A bachelor’s degree in computer science or a technical discipline and minimum of 2 years’ experience is required. Experience in information security is required.
- 1-year minimum experience on a Security Operations team, especially experience in responding to security threats/incident.
- Deep understanding of Internet security issues, cloud architectures, and threat landscape.
- Provide subject matter expertise on architecture, authentication and system security.
- Ability to effectively explain analysis, both verbally and in writing, to others and translate analysis into a clear business plan.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize, strong problem-solving & multi-tasking skills, strong communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship building, leadership, and team management skills.
- Have or willing to complete the eCommerce Fraud Professional Certified by The Fraud Practice training track.
- Experience with SQL, R, Java and Hadoop/MR preferred.
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. We are the world's travel platform, made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them the tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to work in engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground, so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.