Salesforce Software Developer II
Expedia Group Media Solutions is dedicated to building creative media partnerships for travel advertisers enabling them to use Expedia's network of leading travel brands and global sites. We have revolutionized the way brands reach and connect with online travel consumers, emerging as a leader in online advertising among travel and e-commerce brands. With a growing product portfolio offering a multitude of advertising and sponsorship opportunities, our Media Solutions team at Expedia has created a viable marketing platform for advertising partners to reach the 144+ million worldwide monthly unique visitors that visit Expedia Group sites.
Media Solutions owns two Salesforce instances with a fair amount of customization done by consultants. Now it’s time to bring the work home. If you are an experienced Salesforce Developer who is always looking for new ways to solve problems, meet challenges and improve software functionality then we want you to join our team and contribute your expertise to design and build world-class applications to meet evolving requirements.
As a developer for the Media Solutions Salesforce group you will be a champion for scalable solutions and help minimize technical debt. We are a smaller group within Expedia, and heavily invested in Salesforce with a rich pipeline of impactful projects. You will fill a newly created position in a growing, highly collaborative team. In this role is a lot of room for creativity; you will wear many hats and have a very visible role in our organization.
If you are a self-starter who can manage multiple tasks and projects at a time and thrive in a dynamic but variable environment, consider a career with Expedia.
What you will do:
Specializing in Salesforce development and hands-on programming, you will have the opportunity to develop new solutions and integrations and responsible for bug fixes on existing functionality. You will support a diverse group of business partners in all phases of Salesforce development: planning, development, integration, delivery and support.
- Design, develop, debug, and modify components of existing SFDC applications and supporting technologies
- Translate the complex business requirements into logical, component-based technical designs; and drive resolution of bugs/issues
- Solve integration issues and apply new solutions to the existing integrations
- Participate in architecture and design discussions to promote consistency to development methodologies
- Mentor and provide development guidance to more junior team member
- Supply technical insight to daily support issues
- Drive consistent quality across the platform to help us scale our business
Who you are:
- You have 5+ years previous development experience with Salesforce.com or a market-leading Cloud-based CRM application
- You have experience in Lightning and Visualforce development and the capability of dealing and developing solutions overcoming the Salesforce Governor Limits
- You have detailed knowledge of Salesforce.com architecture, proficient in technical analysis and object-oriented programming; you like to keep yourself up-to-date with new technologies and development tools
- You have strong Apex/Lightning /Visualforce experience
- You have experience designing solutions with the Salesforce API (REST/SOAP/MetaData, etc.)
- You have demonstrable experience with one or more middle-ware technologies and integration tools (Boomi, Informatica, MuleSoft)
- You are comfortable communicating with all levels within the organization
- You possess flexibility to work within a team as well as autonomously
- You work well within deadlines and have patience managing evolving timelines
What is preferred, but not essential:
- You have working knowledge of AWS storage services and app development tools (S3, EC2, .NET, Python, etc.)
- You have some knowledge or proficiency with Order Management Systems and Integration practices
- You are familiar with digital advertising
- Salesforce Platform Developer I and/or II Certification(s) is a PLUS
Why join us:
Expedia Group recognizes our success is dependent on the success of our people. As the world's travel platform, we're made up of the most knowledgeable, passionate, and creative people in our business. Our brands recognize the power of travel to break down barriers and make people's lives better – that responsibility inspires us to be the place where exceptional people want to do their best work, and to provide them to tools to do so.
Whether you're applying to engineering or customer support, marketing or lodging supply, at Expedia Group we act as one team, working towards a common goal; to bring the world within reach. We relentlessly strive for better, but not at the cost of the customer. We act with humility and optimism, respecting ideas big and small. We value diversity and voices of all volumes. We are a global organization but keep our feet on the ground so we can act fast and stay simple. Our teams also have the chance to give back on a local level and make a difference through our corporate social responsibility program, Expedia Cares.
If you have a hunger to make a difference with one of the most loved consumer brands in the world and to work in the dynamic travel industry, this is the job for you.
Our family of travel brands includes: Brand Expedia®, Hotels.com®, Expedia® Partner Solutions, Egencia®, trivago®, HomeAway®, Orbitz®, Travelocity®, Wotif®, lastminute.com.au®, ebookers®, CheapTickets®, Hotwire®, Classic Vacations®, Expedia® Media Solutions, CarRentals.com™, Expedia Local Expert®, Expedia® CruiseShipCenters®, SilverRail Technologies, Inc., ALICE and Traveldoo®.
Expedia is committed to creating a versatile work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Expedia is committed to creating an inclusive work environment with a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status. This employer participates in E-Verify. The employer will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employee's I-9 to confirm work authorization.