Lead Graphics Test Engineer
At Unity, our QA team members are the test and quality experts for feature areas. We are full members of feature teams and rely on communication and collaboration to help the whole team deliver quality software. We are responsible for driving the quality culture on our teams as well as for solving hard problems in quality for the entire team.
As part of Graphics QA team in Seattle you'll be embedded and working closely with development teams for Terrain, Shadergraph, and Machine learning areas. In addition to working with the development teams in Seattle, you will be part of a global QA team that actively works to ensure the functionality, stability, and usability across all of Unity’s graphics features.
In this role, you will work with technical artists, producers, and development on test strategies and approaches for a variety of projects. You will be actively involved in driving the team towards the best balance of automated and manual tests, and in ensuring tools and processes are in place to continually improve quality across the team. In addition to leading the team towards a culture of quality, we expect you to be hands-on and empowered to dive in and solve technical testing challenges as needed.
We believe testing is a craft that requires training and skill. We invest in our employees and we expect you to invest in your own professional growth. Our employees love to learn, and challenge themselves - and challenge each other to grow.
- Work with the entire team (QA, Development,Producers) to ensure that we are delivering the highest quality software, with an emphasis on improved engineering flow
- Lead the teams towards continuous improvement and higher quality
- Solve technical problems and lead the team to solve their technical problems
- Provide feedback about the state of the Unity product in order to support the development and inform development decisions
- Communicate with peers and teams across Unity to ensure a quality end-to-end experience of all deliverables
- Collect and share relevant accomplishments or metrics with local and global teams as needed
- Proven work experience as a team leader with some combination of software/game development or software testing.
- Experience leading change across teams or organizations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong motivation, high level of commitment, proactive and positive attitude
- Leadership experience with Agile development methodologies
- Experience using Unity’s engine and tools
- Programming experience with C#
- Passion for testing and software development and for solving hard problems with code
- Experience working with Machine Learning
Who we are
Unity is the creator of the world’s most widely-used real-time 3D (RT3D) development platform, providing content creators around the world with the tools they need to build rich, interactive 2D, 3D, VR and AR experiences. In fact, apps made with Unity reach 2.7 billion devices worldwide, and were installed more than 24 billion times in the last 12 months.
The global engineering team keeps Unity at the forefront of technology and — working alongside partners like Magic Leap, Google, Facebook, Oculus and Microsoft — ensures optimized support for the latest technology and platforms. Unity is powering the real-time revolution, expanding beyond games and breaking into other industries including automotive, film, architecture, engineering, construction and more.
Unity is an equal opportunity employer committed to fostering an inclusive, innovative environment with the best employees. Therefore, we provide employment opportunities without regard to age, race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion, disability, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, or any other protected status in accordance with applicable law. If there are preparations we can make to help ensure you have a comfortable and positive interview experience, please let us know.
Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this Web site or directly to managers. Unity does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Unity will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Unity.