Front End - Software Development Engineer II
You are an experienced software engineer who strives for excellence in the user’s experience as well as in your technical solutions. You have a curious mind and a passion for continuous improvement. You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment.
We are a high-performing cross-functional team of developers, product managers, and designers. We are passionate about delivering elegant solutions to complex business problems and we have a proven track record of delivering successful v1 applications that delight our customers.
What we want you to do:
You will work with your scrum team to deliver impactful and valuable features bi-weekly. You will personally own end-to-end features from concept to design to production, and partner with product managers, user experience designers, and other engineers to achieve high-quality solutions.
• Ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
• Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, enterprise systems, asynchronous architectures, and object oriented programming
• Demonstrated experience with best SDLC practices: coding standards, reviews, code management, build processes, and testing
• Professional experience building REST APIs
• Experience with relational databases, schema design, SQL
• 3+ years of software engineering experience and B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
• Experience with backend web based Java development and Linux-based integrated development environments, or equivalent (e.g. NodeJS w/ Express or ASP.NET MVC)
• Experience developing Software as a Service (SaaS) applications and understanding the impact of this architecture in a deployment environment
• Database implementations (query optimization, index generation, caching) or NoSQL DBs a plus
• Experience developing JS, CSS, HTML sites
• Experience developing Single Page Web Applications and frameworks like Boostrap, AngularJS, or equivalent
Apptio is the business management system of record for hybrid IT. We transform the way IT runs its business and makes decisions. With our cloud-based applications, IT leaders manage, plan and optimize their technology investments across on-premises and cloud. With Apptio, IT leaders become strategic partners to the business by demonstrating value of IT investments, accelerate innovation and shift their technology investments from running the business to digital innovation. Hundreds of customers choose Apptio as their business system of record for hybrid IT. For more information, please visit www.Apptio.com.
Apptio Inc. is not open to 3rd party solicitation or resumes for our posted FTE positions. Resumes received from 3rd party agencies that are unsolicited will be considered complimentary.
Apptio, Inc. provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Apptio, Inc. complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.