Engineering Manager - Mobile and Web Platforms
Convoy is transforming the $800 billion trucking industry. Our mission is to transport the world with endless capacity and zero waste. The industry is huge and so is the opportunity to fundamentally change the way freight moves across America and beyond for the better.
We are passionate about thinking big and solving really complex problems to make the lives of truck drivers, shippers and other people in freight industry easier through our innovation and technology. There will always be a better, more efficient way to transport goods, and we won’t ever stop inventing it.
Founded in 2015, we’re a mission-driven, well-funded, fast-growing startup, backed by world-class investors, including CapitalG, the growth equity investment fund of Google, and leading industry disruptors, including the founders and CEOs of Amazon, Salesforce, eBay, Linkedin, Expedia, Dropbox, KKR, Starbucks, and others. We were named one of Washington State’s top places to work, a LinkedIn Top Startup and were the recipient of the GeekWire Next Tech Titan in 2018.
If working with smart, values-driven people to transform an entire industry sounds like something you’re into, come join Convoy, and help literally move the world forward!
The Mobile and Web Platform teams are tasked with ownership and management of Convoy’s mobile and web frontend applications. We are focused on accelerating and scaling mobile and web development by establishing foundational app principles, process methodologies, architecture, and standards while maintaining a high quality, robust, and industry leading user experience. The work we do directly impacts experimentation and product velocity and is critical to achieve our goal of building a world-class trucking and freight management platform. We have had significant growth in our company and we are looking for leaders to help us execute on long term bets to help us hyper scale our business.
Now is the perfect time for you to come be a part of our high-caliber engineering team as we work to realize this massive vision.
Who you are:
- Ideal candidates will have experience building and managing world class engineering teams. They will also have a passion for mobile and/or web technologies and will be knowledgeable about the latest advances in these areas. Our mobile and web experiences are a key part of our business, and we’re looking for leaders that have deep expertise in building world-class apps. They will enjoy leading the careers of extraordinary software developers, collaborating with diverse stakeholders, and will bring a growth mindset and strong learning orientation.
You will own:
- Manage software platform engineering teams within Convoy’s Carrier organization
- Develop and deliver on customer focused, high impact roadmaps for your team that will delight internal and external customers
- Help your team build and manage foundational frameworks, patterns, and technologies that help our company create the best app experiences at scale
- Contribute to a culture of technical excellence at Convoy
- Build trust with various stakeholders and tackle cross-org problems
You have the following experience:
- 5+ years managing software engineering teams that operate at scale
- Excellent project management skills to help teams deliver on time
- Strong people management skills to recruit, manage and develop talent
- Strong communication skills to interface with technical and non-technical stakeholders
Candidates must be eligible to work at Convoy HQ in Seattle.
Convoy is an equal-opportunity employer and we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. If you’re a passionate team player who wants to have an outsized impact on a diverse and dynamic team, we’d love to hear from you!
Read Full Job Description