Limeade is a software company that elevates the employee experience and helps build great places to work. The Limeade ONE platform offers employee well-being, engagement, inclusion and communications solutions in one seamless user experience. Recognized for its own award-winning culture, Limeade helps every employee know their company cares.
We’re committed to creating a mission-driven, positive culture of improvement made up of the best and brightest people in the business. And we’ve got the awards to back it up: Puget Sound Business Journal ranked us #1 Best Workplace in Washington, and Seattle Business ranked us one of the top three Best Companies to Work for in Washington State. We’re one of the fastest-growing companies in North America (Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500™), and Fortune magazine recognized us as a Best Workplace for Women. Learn more at www.limeade.com.
About the role:
Limeade is well under way in the process of moving its SaaS platform out of data-centers and into the cloud fully. We are moving to a distributed architecture in Azure and looking to grow the team with a Cloud Engineer who will help us with performance and availability monitoring, intelligent alerting and logging, and RCA analysis of site outages and performance issues. To be successful in this role you should have good understanding of distributed architecture (Azure Service Fabric or similar), cloud and general networking concepts (Azure Load Balancer, Application Gateway, F5 BIG-IP, etc.), databases (MS SQL and all Azure SQL derivates), data caching (Redis) and storage. Being able to read and understand code will greatly help. You will be working with other engineers who are database, cloud, networking, storage, and DevOps experts to support our SaaS platform and work closely with our development teams. This role will report to the IT Manager responsible for live site operations on the IT Operations team. Your skills and experience will help shape the work we do as an operational team supporting a product that is HIPAA and GDPR compliant.
- Own live site monitoring and alerting strategy together with developers, QA and security teams, from design to implementation thru ongoing maintenance and refinement.
- Create and maintain dashboards to show current and historical state of the site
- Participate in incident response activities, troubleshooting and RCA
- Drive performance, reliability and security improvements
- Participate in other team projects as needed
- Able to demonstrate our values in an on-going and consistent way
- Full-stack troubleshooting skills across network, application, hardware, management fabric, and distributed services layers
- Strong understanding of web site metrics, methods to monitor, 3rd party tools, and custom instrumentation
- Experienced with high performance web applications, microservices, and REST architecture with focus on security, availability, reliability and scalability.
- Familiar with distributed application architecture and implementations (Service Fabric, Docker, Kubernetes and similar)
- Excited about web architecture and able to guide a team successfully to the right solution
- Passionate about DevOps environments and practices, infrastructure as code
- Fluent in one or more common scripting languages: PowerShell or Python preferred
- Demonstrated ability to debug, fix, and optimize code
- 3+ year experience with Microsoft web development stack, supporting high transaction, distributed web platforms
- 3+ years using and supporting website monitoring tools like Application Insights, New Relic, and Azure Monitor
- 1+ years using and supporting log aggregation tools like Splunk, and/or Log Analytics
- 1+ years of production support experience in a cloud environment preferably Azure
Limeade provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, Limeade will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.