Around the world, billions upon billions of mobile phone calls are made every single day, and yet the phone app has remained unchanged since smartphones launched over a decade ago. Hiya is determined to change this by revolutionizing the way people make and receive mobile phone calls. We are working with mobile phone makers (including Samsung) and mobile carriers (including AT&T) to bring this innovation to all of their global subscribers - over 70 million monthly users today, and growing. With offices in Seattle, London, and Budapest, and backing from top investors in the US and Europe, we are an exceptionally diverse and skilled team positioned to change the mobile phone experience forever.
Our Mobile Client Team is a front-end development team which owns a portfolio full of mobile native and web applications. We develop and manage our flagship apps such as Hiya (Android and iOS) and Mr. Number (Android and iOS). Also we develop global solutions for partners such as Samsung, AT&T, T-Mobile, and more.
What will you do:
- Design and build applications for the Android (Kotlin) platform.
- Manage an end-to-end development from design to deployment and maintenance.
- Plan, design, and implement instrumentation to gauge user behaviors and real-time issues.
- Experiment and iterate! Build a not-so-perfect solution and improve through a fast-iteration.
- Build monitoring tools to ensure the quality of service.
- Ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications
- Collaborate with teams (UI/UX, Product Management, Service and others) to define, design, and ship new features
- Identify and correct bottlenecks and fix bugs
- Other job duties as assigned.
- You have at least 3 years of experience in the native app development (Android)
- You have a Full Stack Development Experience.
- You have an experience in running A/B testing and improving app engagement.
- You have worked closely with service engineering to provide input on the design of APIs
- You write unit/acceptance test for complex & error-prone areas.
- You share ownership of the product
- You are not afraid of crossing different technical boundaries.
What you should expect from us:
- Work at a supportive and fast-growing startup with a fantastic team.
- Make an impact in the lives of tens of millions of consumers.
- Many office perks and great company benefits.
- Collaborate and learn from other great team members.
- Support in developing your skills and accelerating your career
This position is based in Seattle, working from our fantastic offices in downtown.
Hiya is an equal opportunity employer. We value and embrace diversity. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age or disability status