About the Role:
Our UX team is looking for a mid-level User Experience Designer. As a UX designer, you will be responsible for designing and delivering product experiences from early stage concepts through final design. Our team has a unique opportunity to help modernize RealSelf’s product experience as we look to simplify and elevate our web and mobile app products. This role is embedded within a sprint team, so you will work closely with a product manager, engineers, content, data science, user research and visual design. This full-time position reports to the Lead UX Designer in our Seattle office.
The UX Designer who joins our team should be passionate about the beauty/aesthetics category, and be ready to jump into a fast-paced, dynamic tech environment.
In this role you will:
- Illustrate design solutions by creating UX deliverables such as user flows, sketches, prototypes, wireframes, and visual designs
- Partner closely with Engineering through development to iterate and deliver experiences that meet a high quality bar
- Use qualitative and quantitative data collected from user research, AB testing, and data science to inform product requirements, user flows, and designs
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand business objectives
- Collaborate with other UX and visual designers to ensure consistency and maintain our pattern library as our design language evolves
- Regularly present your work to peers and management for review and feedback
We are looking for a proactive and curious designer who from day 1 will jump in to understand our customer, our business, and our product. You enjoy collaborating with others. You create elegant designs in Sketch but understand technical limitations and have enough technical know-how to communicate your ideas to our Engineers.
You may be the right fit if you have:
- 2+ years of experience as a UX designer with demonstrable history of owning the design process from early stage ideation through high-fidelity design
- An online portfolio that demonstrates deep knowledge of user-centered design and both UX and visual design principles
- A refined design aesthetic with an eye for pixel-perfect detail
- Strong communication and storytelling skills
- Experience in responsive web design and designing across platforms
- Ability to work in a rapid test & learn, highly agile environment
- Expert knowledge of Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, InVision, Zeplin
The RealSelf office sits in a historic Pioneer Square building. Employees also have the option to bring their dogs to work!
RealSelf.com is the leading consumer destination in the $32B US medical aesthetics market. We make it easy to get the information and deep support needed to make confident purchase decisions. Since 2006 our authentic stories, unbiased ratings, and expert answers from board-certified doctors have helped millions of people explore treatments and decisions that range from laser skin resurfacing to highly considered cosmetic surgery. With the backing of world-class investors we’re growing RealSelf into a global business with a broad range of services. Come join our super talented and passionate team!
Check out our realselflife Instagram account to keep up on company updates and learn more about life at RealSelf.
RealSelf is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.