At Blue Nile, we believe that love deserves better. We are passionately driven to reimagine the fine jewelry experiences and disrupt the jewelry industry. From engagements to anniversaries, from welcoming a new child to the family to celebrating a promotion, from holidays to birthdays, at Blue Nile we celebrate all stories of love.
We bring a modern approach to life’s most important traditions because our customers deserve better. They deserve an exceptional experience. One that leaves them feeling happy and confident that they’ve found the perfect piece for their love.
We live by our values – As One Team we work together to win. We are Customer Obsessed, passionately and transparently helping our customers to find their perfect piece. We act with Speed and Quality with attention to every detail and are Driven to Disrupt; our curiosity, creativity and willingness to test and learn drives our business.
Blue Nile is currently seeking a UX Designer to join our ever-evolving user experience effort. We are looking for someone with brilliant UX skills who is able to execute the end-to-end process. This person will help us delight our customers by curating a best-in-class experience.
You can be at the center of our collaborative team, building new and exciting functionality and features. You will be sharing your vision and experience design approach with a small team of passionate designers who are responsible for the implementation of strong interaction design solutions for complex online products.
As a user experience designer, you will be the subject matter expert responsible for the full spectrum of user interactions (user interface designs, interaction models, prototypes, wireframes, research, etc.), in a fast-paced startup-like environment. You will help evaluate the current UX infrastructure and will work with our UX design team, product owners, executives and engineers to develop and measure improvements.
This position will work closely with the Technology, Analytics, Merchandising, and Site Development teams. The ideal candidate will thrive in an environment of continuous innovation, must be able to present complex wireframes, prototypes or visual solutions to internal stakeholders and to communicate research, methodology and technology behind the proposed ideas and executions.
- Take the lead on user interface design and prototyping through the full design and development cycle (including concepts, information architecture, visual design and interaction design)
- Create functional prototypes that display highly innovative, engaging, and user centered designs
- Help guide the UX team in creation of modern user interfaces with a focus on usability and simple and intuitive, efficient user interaction
- Deliver results in agile development environment
- 3+ years experience in interactive or UX design, information architecture or visual design
- UX Generalist with ability to do the full UX process
- Demonstrated expertise in creating high quality user experiences; must have an online portfolio of mobile and web samples, including examples of site mapping and wireframing for feature projects.
- Strong interpersonal, analytical, verbal and written communication skills, networking and presentation skills.
- Proven experience with user interface design and guidelines. Involvement in usability studies/testing a plus.
- High enthusiasm, creativity, initiative, and innovation
- Must be highly proficient with current versions of software such as: Sketch, Framer, Axure or Omnigraffle and familiar with a wide range of other design, web and multimedia software
- Bachelor’s degree in Interactive Communications, Visual Design, technology or education with relevance to position
What we offer:
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Healthcare Coverage
- 401(k) with Company Match
- Paid Vacation
- Competitive Salaries
- Transportation Allowance
- Employee Discount
- Employee Referral Bonus
- Fitness Center Discount