In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry's leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world.
As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it's something we work on every day.
Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook's Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
About the Role:
As a UX Designer at PitchBook UX we make amazing products that impact the decisions shaping our global economy. In just over 10 years, PitchBook has grown into a 1000+-person organization. Since the beginning, UX has been part of our company's DNA.
Come be part of a team that supports and challenges each other to make better products everyday. At PitchBook, the UX Designer, is involved in all aspects of the product life cycle, from brainstorming the next great innovation to finessing design and working with the development teams through launch. Designers use their full range of user research, product design, interaction design, and visual design skills to be a true advocate for our users. We will work across desktop, mobile and web browser extensions and use AI and machine learning to push the frontiers of the possible.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
- Turn business problems into features that make an impact
- Transform convoluted workflows into simple flows and elegant solutions
- Contribute to strategic decisions with the rest of the product and executive team
- Give and solicit feedback to designers in order to continuously raise our bar for quality
- Partner with product managers, engineers and executive stakeholders to oversee the user experience of a feature from concept to launch
- Apply systems thinking to enhance existing features and design for scalability
Skills and Qualifications:
- 2+ years as a UX Designer or similar role
- Employ knowledge of modern web and mobile best practices to create world-class web and mobile experiences
- Passion for usability and user experience
- Understand how visual and interaction design work together to create great user experiences.
- Ability to balance multiple projects, organize priorities and communicate across departments
- Strong analytical skills; use qualitative and quantitative data to make appropriate product decisions
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to clearly communicate and support design decisions and how they add value to the product
- Strong user experience and visual design portfolio
- Easygoing, driven, and passionate
- Strong skills with Sketch, InVision, Axure, Adobe CC
- Strong knowledge of fundamentals of typography, composition and color
At PitchBook, we work tirelessly to arm professionals within the global VC, PE and M&A industries with the finest data, technology and service so they can make the most informed business decisions efficiently. This is accomplished through our award-winning product, the PitchBook Platform, along with a powerful suite of integrated tools to meet the diverse data-driven needs of our clients. It's a very collaborative, client-focused environment with a culture that is driven toward excellence and getting things done.
If you are ready to start the conversation about how you might contribute to all the happenings at PitchBook, submit your resume today! PitchBook appreciates and respects diversity, and as such, we are an equal opportunity employer.